• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shawn76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2016
    nowhere
    Have you looked at the Sig 2022s? I have shot a few and owned a few in 9 and 40 and thought they were very good for the price. Usually have Siglite night sights and holster included.It is a poly frame and isn't striker fire. I also think they are pretty accurate as well. I am considering on picking another one up just to have for the range.I carry a P938 since it is small and can be hidden easily,especially with my job.

jettlag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Flowery Branch
    I have 2 Kimbers, yes I like but again not so much, for a while I carried the Solo, but one time did not engage the small level spring under arm lever, result one shot, gun stayed "open", one little spring, I am not placing my life on a little bity spring, that does not engage or brakes , I switched, I purchased new a Sig 225A1 for my carry gun.

Sjachsvitra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Crothersville
    Have you looked at the Sig 2022s? I have shot a few and owned a few in 9 and 40 and thought they were very good for the price. Usually have Siglite night sights and holster included.It is a poly frame and isn't striker fire. I also think they are pretty accurate as well. I am considering on picking another one up just to have for the range.I carry a P938 since it is small and can be hidden easily,especially with my job.

I have never held a sig although all the hype about them lately has peaked my curiosity. I had a friend own one a few years ago and swore it came broke and came apart when he was at the range. I might try and get my hands on one to test it soon there will probably be a surplus of them when the police trade in old ones to match the military!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Js,, Those Rugers will run!! Springfield makes a very solid 1911 and many on here bash the offerings of colt as of lately NEVER AN ISSUE!! Dan Wesson makes a superior 1911.
    It would be wise to save a lil more and get one of these. If you want to buy a 1911 with plans to upgrade parts buy a Springfield. If you don't care to dive into the workings buy a DW!

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I have Dan Wesson as well as Sig 1911's. I have an old Colt for nostalgic reasons. I had a Kimber -glad it is gone. DW and Sig (Traditional Two Tone) have been flawless. Great accurate and reliable weapons.

DaveM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Kiimber has been living off their name for a while. Much better guns out there for less money

Well, there aren't a ton of options out there for less money. At least not in the market they cater to, the 1911 crowd. You have RIA below those prices on some models, but much better gun? That's arguable. Most other reputable makers are the same price or way above Kimber. I do agree that Kimber is living off their name and they aren't what they once were.

Shawn76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2016
    nowhere
    I have never held a sig although all the hype about them lately has peaked my curiosity. I had a friend own one a few years ago and swore it came broke and came apart when he was at the range. I might try and get my hands on one to test it soon there will probably be a surplus of them when the police trade in old ones to match the military!
    I've shot a lot of Sig's and never had one fall apart on me. Depending on what you are wanting to spend,I'm sure you can find one in your price range. The 2022 is a great entry level Sig and worth it,but for a little more you can get a P series Sig. I myself think the P229c 40 caliber was one of the best ones I've shot and owned. Accurate and didn't kick like a 40 usually would and pretty accurate not to mention it came with Siglite night sights and G10 grips and I could be wrong but a SRT trigger as well. I think I paid $549 for it but fell on hard times and was between jobs and had to make a car payment or I'd still own it.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So not to Hijack this thread but.... I have decided to get back in to the 45 market again. I traded off all my 45 stuff for 9mm but now want back in. I really like the Kimber cdp for a carry gun. I have had a TRP and Ed Brown Kobra Carry in the past and really only want a 3 inch 1911 at this point. The CDP can be had for around a grand which is about the same amount as any other 1911. So far the only other gun I saw that I like was a Sig Ultra but haven't held one yet. I have jumped on the band wagon of bashing Kimber but I have never really owned one nor shot one ( that much anyway ). Leads me to think most people might be the same and not really have any 1st hand knowledge of a Kimber but rather all hear say.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So not to Hijack this thread but.... I have decided to get back in to the 45 market again. I traded off all my 45 stuff for 9mm but now want back in. I really like the Kimber cdp for a carry gun. I have had a TRP and Ed Brown Kobra Carry in the past and really only want a 3 inch 1911 at this point. The CDP can be had for around a grand which is about the same amount as any other 1911. So far the only other gun I saw that I like was a Sig Ultra but haven't held one yet. I have jumped on the band wagon of bashing Kimber but I have never really owned one nor shot one ( that much anyway ). Leads me to think most people might be the same and not really have any 1st hand knowledge of a Kimber but rather all hear say.

Nope Kimbers are garbage, here is a review I did of the Dan Wesson ECO (the best officer sized 1911 out there) where I directly compared it to a Kimber CDP Ultra II , I will summarize; the ECO is miles ahead of the CDP, you have nice 1911's no reason to start buying junk now. I am now at about 2,300 rounds in the ECO without any issues.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/371475-review-dan-wesson-eco-45-acp.html

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I do like the Wesson. I looked at an ECO 9mm years ago but it was used and I was on a Springfield kick. I like the ECO but with nicer looking grips, not sure how I feel about the rear sight set up but I could get used to it. I love the was the Guardian looks with the wood grips. I hate the bland triggers on all of them though.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I was doing a Kimber search and just hijacked this old thread. I am looking to get back into the 1911. I have had a couple in the past but sold them on here:spend:
    I want to get a 3 inch 1911 in 45 for a daily carry. I have never owned a Kimber but know people that do, they have never had a problem. I have a bunch of guns and its unlikely that an gun I have will ever see more then 1k-3k rounds though it in my life. I just do not shoot that much. I love the way the CDP looks but I am always finding bad reviews online, of course people with problems are the only ones that post. I read in an article that Kimber owns 40% of the market share on 1911's which if true would mean they have a ton more out there and its a numbers game. I am also looking at the 2 DW models and maybe others. I was just trying to get a little feed back. I am going to try Thursday to hit the local range and see if they have some choices there to rent.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used to have a Kimber Ultra Carry and it was a reliable, decent shooter. I used to call it my snub-nose 1911. I ended up selling it to another INGOer that wanted it more than I did, but mainly because I had a Kimber Compact that I liked shooting better. There was no real advantage to carrying the Ultra over the Compact, so the Ultra went to a new home. I still have the compact and it's getting close to the 2k round mark with the only issues coming when I let the 800 round spring change interval extend to 1500 rounds. I swapped in a Wilson flat wire recoil assembly to greatly extend the spring life and it's been good to go since. It's not my favorite 1911, but I do like the thing a lot. For 1911 EDC, I prefer the Dan Wesson CCO but recently picked up a Dan Wesson A2 Commander which may enter the carry routine too.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    IELgGVRh.jpg

I will just leave this here then.... Fully dehumidified safe, every single other gun in there was 100% fine even the 1955 Colt Woodsman Target model in carbon steel. Kimber is the 1911 for people who know nothing about 1911's. They are proof positive pretty guns and lots of advertising works extremely well. Do your research and get a better 1911 folks.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I have a older Kimber Gold Match that is lights out. Buy urself an older Kimber and you will love it. I cant speak for the newer Kimbers and with all the other offerings not sure i'd buy one.

Top Bottom