• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    My mother has officially been bitten by the firearm bug. Took her shooting for the 3rd time with her new XDM 3.8 in .9mm and on the way out of a PACKED range and shop she handled a Kimber Solo .9 after that it was all over she wants it. I've seen stories of this being a problematic little piece, very picky on ammo and some mechanical issues. Anybody out have one and if so is it worth the $800 price.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I bought one back in Nov 2011 from Keislers and have been very pleased with mine, I always run 147gr ammo through mine, but have been told buy a Kimber Dealer that he runs 119gr nato ammo through his with no issues.

100Xkid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    if you dont mind me asking, where did you see one. i have heard stories but i thought it might be like the PM-30. out there but you cant get one. lol
    i have a friend that has wanted one for some time but wants to be able to handle one,

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If at all possible, OP, see if you can get your mother to shoot one first.

Small guns, in general, will have a higher felt recoil. Many don't find that too appealing.

(And yes, I like to give that advice to both genders looking into small guns!)

-J-

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I highly recommend to buy a platform that is known to be reliable and I'm sorry to say but that is not the case of Kimber Solo, American rifleman did a review of that gun and they experience malfunctions. Would I pay $800.00 for one NO!, a very good option is the Kahr line of 9mm's for half that price and a known reliable platform.

Kahr CW9 - Style # CW9093, Kahr Arms Pistols

flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    My mother has officially been bitten by the firearm bug. Took her shooting for the 3rd time with her new XDM 3.8 in .9mm and on the way out of a PACKED range and shop she handled a Kimber Solo .9 after that it was all over she wants it. I've seen stories of this being a problematic little piece, very picky on ammo and some mechanical issues. Anybody out have one and if so is it worth the $800 price.

I purchased a Kimber Solo SS this week. Paid $645.00 new. Had to order it, but it was worth the wait. I have experienced no FTF, using the standard white box Winchester ammo from Walmart, or with the highest priced Remington ammo that is available. Is it worth $800, yes. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom