• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • culleydog45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Have a friend who has been trying to find a Solo for his wife. Hasn't had much luck. Was told by Bradi's to check in daily, not many comming in and going fast when they do.
    Wondering if anyone knew of any at any other shop

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Was told by Bradi's to check in daily, not many comming in and going fast when they do.

We ordered 10 of them in February of last year, and have thus far received 4. We had a used one come in a couple months ago; it lasted on the shelf maybe an hour. I have placed additional Solo (back)orders for 2012. Kimber is all dealer-direct sales (they do not use distributorships), so unfortunately any Kimber dealer in the country is going to be in about the same boat. I believe Kimber vastly underestimated the initial demand for this model, and is having a hard time getting them out in any kind of numbers, while still trying to meet demand for the 1911s which are their bread and butter.

Fortunately, there are several other good options in the small single-stack 9mm semi-auto category which are either readily available now or will be in the near future.

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I have a CDP by sheer luck. Mentioned to my local dealer that I wanted one and that I looked forward to picking it up sometime in 2025. We both laughed and he said he's call me when it came in. I decided that since is was going to be forever before a CDP came in I purchased a Ruger SR9c.

Then Murphy made an appearance as usual. Two weeks later he calls me and says "you are not going to believe this because I'm still in shock myself but I just got 5 CDP's in stock!" I said I'm already walking out the door!

You may get lucky and your dealer gets one in. But may need to look into something else because its VERY hit or miss.

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Gunbroker.com only $200 over MSRP.
    I had one in my hand at Gander late last year and couldn't keep it. Been kicking myself in the backside every day after that.

culleydog45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    We ordered 10 of them in February of last year, and have thus far received 4. We had a used one come in a couple months ago; it lasted on the shelf maybe an hour. I have placed additional Solo (back)orders for 2012. Kimber is all dealer-direct sales (they do not use distributorships), so unfortunately any Kimber dealer in the country is going to be in about the same boat. I believe Kimber vastly underestimated the initial demand for this model, and is having a hard time getting them out in any kind of numbers, while still trying to meet demand for the 1911s which are their bread and butter.

Fortunately, there are several other good options in the small single-stack 9mm semi-auto category which are either readily available now or will be in the near future.

Thats what my friend said. I wasn't knock'in you guy's hope you didn't take it that way. Was just telling what he was told, and seeing if anyone knew of where 1 might be.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I saw a couple Kimber Solo's at the last 1500 gunshow. I think Midwest had them. I'd give them a call. They're pretty good about finding things others seems unable to get.

I think they also have a big store in Florida that can help at times.

They have a great store Mishawaki too. One of the nicer ones I've visited.

Terry Barker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Last time I was in Midwest they had one on the shelf...but it wasn't sale. It was for people to check them out.....then they would order you one. They also had one at their Elkhart store you could shoot on the range. Never made it over there to shoot it though.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I've owned one for awhile now. It's been my primary ccw since purchase.

I found mine at Indiana Gun Club. They put my name on a list and called me when it came in. I would imagine that the list is getting kind of long by now.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ive only seen one once and that was at the 1500, best bet would be go to the upcoming 1500 on friday march 16 and keep your fingers crossed

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I was at Cabela's up here in NWI and they had a solo cdp in the case. I'm not sure how many they actually had or if it was just that one. And it was going for a little over $1200

culleydog45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    I was at Cabela's up here in NWI and they had a solo cdp in the case. I'm not sure how many they actually had or if it was just that one. And it was going for a little over $1200

I was at the Castleton Gander Mtn. Sat and saw 1 for the first time, got there just as another guy said I will take it. Asked if I could see it, they were all great, said no problem. I wish I hadn't I really liked it. Makes me want 1, but for 1250.00 I think i'm going to check out a cw9, or nano.

Top Bottom