Kirk Freeman, what the heck is wrong with you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hmmmm.... the disabled space does not appear to be up to state code. Anyone can park there. Still looks bad tho.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess some people just don't care about appearances. When I was co-oping for a city utility, my boss would drive around, in the summertime, with the windows down, but the AC on (full blast), just because he was afraid it would send some wrong message to the rates payers if they say him driving around in an air conditioned car. :rolleyes:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It wouldn't be a violation if it had been a Dunkin Donuts, it would have been a medical emergency.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    The spot doesn't meet the legal definition of a handicap spot (blue outline, blue handicap symbol painted on ground, handicap SIGN on post). Besides, it's on private property anyway. IC 9-21-18 applies. (Cops can't enforce traffic/parking regulations on private property without permission from property owner/signs posted/fee paid to PD and record of contract with PD on file with county recorder)

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    bold-strategy-cotton.jpg

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Yeah, I thought this thread had some fun juice but then guys started lawyering out what constitutes a handicap parking space and I realized the point had been missed so wildly I felt like I was watching the questioning of John Poindexter again.

I want ant to publicly apologize for all of it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hmmmm.... the disabled space does not appear to be up to state code. Anyone can park there. Still looks bad tho.

Not an excuse but it may not have happened if the space were properly marked.

IC 5-16-9-2: (e) The reserved space or spaces under this chapter must be reserved by posting immediately adjacent to and visible from the space or spaces a vertical sign measuring at least forty-eight (48) inches from the base of the sign, located in a manner that will not be obscured by a vehicle parked in the space, and bearing the following:
    (1) The international symbol of accessibility.
    (2) Letters and numbers that have a width to height ratio between 3:5 and 1:1 and a stroke width to height ratio between

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Good grief, it's on the front page of the Journal & Courier today.

15 years and no disciplinary record. Can't they just yell at him in the Deputy Chief's office instead of this public flogging? Maybe make him peel potatos or skin rabbits for the next Board of Directors meeting at LPD?:D

Thread title had potential.​

It all the elements needed for epic thread.

1. Somebody does something.
    2. Kirk is blamed for the thing that someone did.
    3. Kirk has no idea why Kirk is blamed for the thing that someone else did even though Kirk was out of the county when it transpired.

I want to note for the record that this thread is also a fail for the lack of rhino mocking.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom