• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Hey Brad, my brother told me today that he's looking for a new knife. He wants a folder with a seat belt cutter and a window breaker. He would like a blade 3-3.5" preferably. Also, he didn't give a price range so options are the name of the game if there are any. He saw a CRKT I believe which inspired him to ask me and I told him I would message you because you would be more knowledgeable about his options. He's in law enforcement which is part of the reason he's wanting those features.

cmr13

Expert
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Benchmade Triage

Search for "triage"

[video=youtube;0XVq8o2shmU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XVq8o2shmU[/video]

[video=youtube;A4UMG3EW9fs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4UMG3EW9fs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Hey Brad, my brother told me today that he's looking for a new knife. He wants a folder with a seat belt cutter and a window breaker. He would like a blade 3-3.5" preferably. Also, he didn't give a price range so options are the name of the game if there are any. He saw a CRKT I believe which inspired him to ask me and I told him I would message you because you would be more knowledgeable about his options. He's in law enforcement which is part of the reason he's wanting those features.

I believe he is referring to the CRKT M16-14 LE model. Below is a description of that model. Let me know if this is what he is interested in, and I'll get back to you with availability and pricing.

M16-14 Law Enforcement - 5 1/2" closed. 3 5/8" partially serrated AUS-8 stainless tanto blade with tactical black finish, dual thumb studs and integrated seat belt cutter. Black Zytel handles with drilled hole design and integrated tungsten carbide glass breaker. Black finish stainless pocket clip. Features Carson Flipper and LAWKS safety system.

cmr13

Expert
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Woops, didn't realize this was in Brad's sub-forum! Sorry about that Brad!

Just went to edit out my link and "Last edited by RobbyMaQ; 51 Minutes Ago at 22:55. Reason: removed competitors link". Oopsies! Thanks for catching it RobbyMaQ or whoever reported me!

Faine

Expert
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I believe he is referring to the CRKT M16-14 LE model. Below is a description of that model. Let me know if this is what he is interested in, and I'll get back to you with availability and pricing.

M16-14 Law Enforcement - 5 1/2" closed. 3 5/8" partially serrated AUS-8 stainless tanto blade with tactical black finish, dual thumb studs and integrated seat belt cutter. Black Zytel handles with drilled hole design and integrated tungsten carbide glass breaker. Black finish stainless pocket clip. Features Carson Flipper and LAWKS safety system.

That was the one he was referring to but he wanted to know if there might be more/better options out there.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, my parents live mostly out of cell phone range, wind must have been right for me to get that message posted.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    That was the one he was referring to but he wanted to know if there might be more/better options out there.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, my parents live mostly out of cell phone range, wind must have been right for me to get that message posted.

IMO, the Benchmade Triage is a whole lot better in quality than the CRKT. With the Benchmade Triage you have several options.....manual opening, auto opening, blade styles, and handle colors. Benchmade has all of these models listed on their website. I would recommend that he take a look at the different Triage models, and let me know if he finds one that he is interested in.

Faine

Expert
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    My brother still hasn't responded, probably something to do with his sister getting into a car related incident of the collision type, I will keep trying.

Top Bottom