Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    cheness cutlery Tenchi Ko katana
    IMG_0009.jpg

Ka-bar
    Cz-83knife001.jpg

Kukri next to my 155mm projectile
    PB090006.jpg

I have lots more but don't feel like taking any more pictures.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Here's a few.

Throwing knife and camp axe from HB Forge.
    17547a_Survival_tools_971.jpg

This is pretty much most of my own "collection". Never set out to collect just got to thinking one I should get these out and take a picture just in case for insurance purposes and that's what I had at the time.

17547a_Blade_collection_86.jpg

Old timer was going out of business at the time and I ran across that Sharp Finger in an old hardware store for the same price it had been marked who knows how many years ago. Seemed they were going for some serious money on EBay and then next thing you know some one bought Old Timer and they are making them again. Busted.

Only things I say still get used a lot are the tomahawks, throwing knife, leatherman wave, and a filet knife.

I need to get a picture of my Woodsman's pal, I use that a lot. I've got a full size antique broad axe for building log cabins too.

This is me throwing my camp size tomahawk and a my full size tomahawk.Throwing Tomahawks- Forged Tomahawks- Throwing Knives- Camp & Belt Axes, Pipe Axe

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    That vid is awesome! I tried learning how to throw knives. I only ended up with a 50% success rate.

Like most things, throwing knives is not much like the movies and there's a little trick to it. May be a couple little tricks but once you know them it's like the sun suddenly came out and you can see what you are doing. One is to get a real throwing knife, one with a leather handle that is intended to be thrown.

Not one to reinvent the wheel I'll just link to one of the better explainations. Tomahawk or knife either on the learning is about the same.
    How to Throw a Tomahawk, Throwing Rules

The easiest way is to just head down to Friendship Indiana when they are having a NMLRA event. It last through two weekends. One event in the spring and another in the fall and they have competitions throwing both. There will be people there at the throwing targets, men women and kids all playing around with them at all stages of learning how. Just ask any one there "How do you do that." and they'll have you sticking them in no time and ready to head over to a vendor to buy your own before noon. HB Forge makes the best there is IMHO.

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Cubby had surgery and is recovering but I think cubby made those.He is a new maker and is trying to get enough made to have a table at the next Indy1500 in January.I can't sublet table space or he could put them out on my table(Show rules) + I am table space depleted.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    thanks, dave!

yeah, i made those! before i got a REAL grinder from a great buddy! i haven't heard back about the table yet... :( starting to feel like the show may be FULL up!.. oh well... if i miss this one, i will get one in march!... i have around 15 or so made up right now... two of those with g10 handles instead of cord, too!

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    After field dressing my doe. The stipple was awesome, even though my hands were covered in blood and guts it did not slip at all. My wife is going to kill me when I boil the knife in her pot and clean out ever little stippling hole with a fork. hehe

DSC02160.jpg

DSC02162.jpg

Last edited:

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Mike Snody JuJu

This was a Christmas present from two years ago.
    Its a limited production run of Mike Snody's Overlord by Benchmade named the Juju.

It includes a Mike Snody skull and crossbones menuki, traditional style wrap over red ray skin.
    When I save some money up, I hope to get an actual Overlord to companion the JuJu.
    Hope you enjoy the pics, I'm an amateur at photography.
    346436546.jpg

346434853.jpg

346435525.jpg

346429219.jpg

346429233.jpg

346435927.jpg

346441126.jpg

346441324.jpg

Last edited:

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Throwing knives

Found some pics I took over the summer from a rainy day throwing knives in the back. I use to have more, but these are the only ones I could find.

Any other throwers here in Indy?
    :D

348372300.jpg

348372340.jpg

348372330.jpg

Top Bottom