• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Since I'm starting to accumulate more than a couple of knives, I've spent more time pondering the best way to store them when not in my pocket. I've seen people use the pelican cases with the foam cut outs as well as specialized "knife roll-ups" that is a piece of fabric with pockets that can be rolled up. There's obviously other methods, but those two seem like the best to me. Do any of you store your knives this way? Just curious how you knife collecting experts are doing it.

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    I use the knife rolls, but I clean them with Renaissance Wax first. I have many that are not stainless steel and I haven't had any problem with them. Get them out and play with them once in a while to keep good check on them. The wax does a very good job protecting them. It works great for firearms as well.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    A small tool box with drawer, or a large cabinet (depending on the size of your collection) can be a solution.

101TK_NEW_L.jpg

They can usually lock too, if you want to keep kids away from your sharp blades.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My dad used those roll ups a lot for a long time and a few of them discolored or stained some of the bone handles knives he kept in them. Not all of the roll up ones are created equal so make sure to research the ones you decide on if you go that route.

BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    I keep mine in tool box drawers. 1 drawer in the garage and 2 drawers in the gun room knives, multi tools, and stones. Standard Craftsman tool boxes.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Gentlemen .... I propose that manly-man blades deserve a manly-man home.
    Only the Maxpedition Dodecapod fills the bill for my folders. :rockwoot:

i-jTN8SVH-L.jpg

i-CctbGHs-L.jpg

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I kep mine in drawers, I keep them nice with Renaissance Wax or oil depending on whether or not they get a lot of use. I use them all, some not as often is all.

alclark2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Muncie
    I also use a tool roll. It keeps them in their individual pocket, easy to transport, and it works great for stacking in the safe. Ren Wax is great stuff for long term storage. I use a Hoppes gun oil on stag handles and user blades. I haven't had any concern with discoloration until now but something to consider with the roll.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom