• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    How friggin' muddy is Knob Creek gonna get this weekend??
    Parking should be interesting....

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    If you have two wheel drive you should just park on the road and plan to walk in. Four wheel drive should be good if you get there early enough to park on the hill. If you get sent to the low lot you'll be in trouble.

customizef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    Hmmmm..... I ll have my wifes AWD Uplander minivan, maybe I should still part in the street ?

Makes me wish I was taking my 1 ton 4x4 Diesel instead...... :rolleyes:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    The lower lot is always a mud bog if it rains a day or two before. If you don't have 4wd and decent tires, don't even try it. Really. The spring shoot somehow brings a few damn inches of damn rain before it every damn single damn time. I cannot count how many people in cars and soccermom suv's with street tires having to be pulled out by the tractor.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    It's pretty muddy......

I'm back at the hotel from there. Unless you are into hard core 4 wheeling, you know huge tires, lift kit, whole 9 yards, park on the road and walk back, it's bad.

Water in the creek is about 2 feet from the bottom of the bridge, the lower parking lot looked like a swamp when I drove by. I heard from some guys who came in after me they had closed parking in the normal lots and were directing people to park on the road, 4 wheel drive or not.

Crowd was lighter, at first, I hear weather should be nice tomorrow so that will be good.

Best of all, the " Tactical Gun Stroller" was a tremendous success, for $2.00 at a garage sale, I have an excellent shooting equipment transportation platform, have some pics tomorrow.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    No problem..

As for prices, ammo was not as stupid as April, but still pretty high. Saw a lot of Wolf, .223 and 7.62 X 39, lot of " centurion" .22lr, I understand that is Aguila, which I personally am not wild about. Some completely stupid prices on ammo cans, like $12.00 for .50 cal cans! .30 cal upwards of $8.00!!!

The Army surplus store at 21st and Arlington has the same thing for $2.00 each, and they are in just as bad a shape. One guy had them for $2.00, I was going to pick up a couple on my way out, when I went back they had gone up to $5.00 a piece, no sale.

All in all it is as good a time as ever, found all I was looking for and then some.

Enjoy!

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    knob0001.gif

knob0002.gif

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Rain was survivable. We stayed in Radcliff Friday night, early breakfast (the Shoney's is gone! It moved to Elizabethtown!) and then headed off to Knob Creek at 7:00AM (for a good parking spot).

We walked the show until 1PM. I found a bunch of deals on ammo (everything from 8mm, 7.62x39 tracer, .45acp to .22lr tracer), a book, extra mags for my nephew's .22lr 1911 build, and, of course, t-shirts for buddies at home. Should have brought more money but playing it careful this year because of economy (did everyone see the smoking hot deals on the Colt 6920s? Ugh, should have brought more dough).

The parking lot team had to push my Impala out of the mud/swamp/bog (extra ammo weight did not help) but that was a minor effort. Drove back with no interference from Big Brother. Great show, can't wait for April--I'm taking her back for the Patton Museum.:)

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Back at home...

Not a bad day, I parked on the road, employed the "Tactical Gun Stroller" to the sub gun match. After it, hit the gun show again, picked up another larger dueling tree and a .22 "spinning plate rack" , 10 plates that can swing around, should be fun, some other parts, a little 9mm subsonic for you-know-who!

Weater was pretty good, but man was it muddy!, saw 4 wheel drives being towed in to spots by a tractor. The mighty tacoma would have tried.

A good time, worth the trip, especially if you have never been.

Bob

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Just made it back home....decent deals on ammo....went there to purchase a Busse but didn't really see one that called my name.
    Parking not an issue at all...parked in the lower lot but nothinng a stock 4 wheel drive with good tires couldn't handle. Thought I might seen 1 person from the forum, but too far away to talk. Had a great time!!!!

Top Bottom