Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult
    Air conditioned

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I'll be at So Bend and Valpo for sure. Tipton has always been a favorite but I don't get down that way as often as I used to. I went in April and it was well worth the trip. Sold a rifle and bought a relatively rare pistol I'd been searching for for years(S&W 3954). Got it for a ridiculously good price, too.

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Mind sharing why it was terrible? We were thinking about buying a table for the holster biz at the next one.

Show keeps getting smaller and smaller. Same dealers with the same overprice guns/ammo as previous shows. When you can go to wal-mart and buy the same ammo for 2/3 the price there is an issue..... About 1/2 the vendors are selling cheap Chinese crap. Last time I went (spring this year), I walked the entire show in about 5 minutes. Went back through to look at a couple items I was interested in, but was never even said hello to. So I didn't bother with them. If you cannot say hello, then you will not receive my money.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Show keeps getting smaller and smaller. Same dealers with the same overprice guns/ammo as previous shows. When you can go to wal-mart and buy the same ammo for 2/3 the price there is an issue..... About 1/2 the vendors are selling cheap Chinese crap. Last time I went (spring this year), I walked the entire show in about 5 minutes. Went back through to look at a couple items I was interested in, but was never even said hello to. So I didn't bother with them. If you cannot say hello, then you will not receive my money.

Wow: You have had a totally different experience than I had. My son, a friend and I attended Sunday and rather enjoyed the show. Spent about 4 hours there, did spend a lot of that time outside setting in the Van to smoke and rest (Getting old and friend is disabled). Saw quite a few pretty low prices on AR's and AR equipment. Some high prices ~ as always at every GS I have ever attended, including Indy, Lafayette, Kokomo, Tipton ( I attend almost every GS in my area).

Had probably 15 to 20 vendors say Hi and some explained they would "deal", others appeared eager to talk! Can't disagree ammo seemed a little high. Components for reloading were reasonable - powder still high, but don't really need any right now. Son bought an Army K-Bar and a camping Hatchet. I bought a few smalls. We enjoyed the show.

Would have bought a gun or two but helping a friend financially at this time so waiting to add to my collection. Did see a few I was interested in at decent prices marked, had I been ready I would have tried to deal but no use wasting a dealers time yet....

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    In all seriousness, I'm glad you had a different experience.

The difference in visits might be due to our age differences, I'm sub-30....so they might just assume I'm going to waste their time and not bother. The few that did talk to me were older 60+ vendors. The sub 40 year old 'tatic-cool' vendors just had their faces in their phones.

With regards to reloading gear, that I will agree with you on. a little high, but acceptable. I did manage to get some powder last time at a good price. But during that same trip managed to find the biggest b*tch there and will NEVER again look at her booth again.

ShadeAngel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    Off the Grid.
    I've got a dumb question. I was in a hurry (had to get to work, yay me), I stopped at a few booths to check some stuff out but didn't see anything interesting other than the one guy that had custom knives. I didn't pick up a business card from him, did anyone else pick one up? I'd love to see if he has anything else online or something.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Is this the gentleman of foreign descent with a couple of tables full of Damascus blades? I've seen him at a couple of N Indiana shows lately and expect he'll be at South Bend Saturday. If this is the guy I'll try to pull some info this weekend.

Top Bottom