Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult
    Air conditioned

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I'll be at So Bend and Valpo for sure. Tipton has always been a favorite but I don't get down that way as often as I used to. I went in April and it was well worth the trip. Sold a rifle and bought a relatively rare pistol I'd been searching for for years(S&W 3954). Got it for a ridiculously good price, too.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Mind sharing why it was terrible? We were thinking about buying a table for the holster biz at the next one.

Show keeps getting smaller and smaller. Same dealers with the same overprice guns/ammo as previous shows. When you can go to wal-mart and buy the same ammo for 2/3 the price there is an issue..... About 1/2 the vendors are selling cheap Chinese crap. Last time I went (spring this year), I walked the entire show in about 5 minutes. Went back through to look at a couple items I was interested in, but was never even said hello to. So I didn't bother with them. If you cannot say hello, then you will not receive my money.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Show keeps getting smaller and smaller. Same dealers with the same overprice guns/ammo as previous shows. When you can go to wal-mart and buy the same ammo for 2/3 the price there is an issue..... About 1/2 the vendors are selling cheap Chinese crap. Last time I went (spring this year), I walked the entire show in about 5 minutes. Went back through to look at a couple items I was interested in, but was never even said hello to. So I didn't bother with them. If you cannot say hello, then you will not receive my money.

Wow: You have had a totally different experience than I had. My son, a friend and I attended Sunday and rather enjoyed the show. Spent about 4 hours there, did spend a lot of that time outside setting in the Van to smoke and rest (Getting old and friend is disabled). Saw quite a few pretty low prices on AR's and AR equipment. Some high prices ~ as always at every GS I have ever attended, including Indy, Lafayette, Kokomo, Tipton ( I attend almost every GS in my area).

Had probably 15 to 20 vendors say Hi and some explained they would "deal", others appeared eager to talk! Can't disagree ammo seemed a little high. Components for reloading were reasonable - powder still high, but don't really need any right now. Son bought an Army K-Bar and a camping Hatchet. I bought a few smalls. We enjoyed the show.

Would have bought a gun or two but helping a friend financially at this time so waiting to add to my collection. Did see a few I was interested in at decent prices marked, had I been ready I would have tried to deal but no use wasting a dealers time yet....

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    In all seriousness, I'm glad you had a different experience.

The difference in visits might be due to our age differences, I'm sub-30....so they might just assume I'm going to waste their time and not bother. The few that did talk to me were older 60+ vendors. The sub 40 year old 'tatic-cool' vendors just had their faces in their phones.

With regards to reloading gear, that I will agree with you on. a little high, but acceptable. I did manage to get some powder last time at a good price. But during that same trip managed to find the biggest b*tch there and will NEVER again look at her booth again.

ShadeAngel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    Off the Grid.
    I've got a dumb question. I was in a hurry (had to get to work, yay me), I stopped at a few booths to check some stuff out but didn't see anything interesting other than the one guy that had custom knives. I didn't pick up a business card from him, did anyone else pick one up? I'd love to see if he has anything else online or something.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Is this the gentleman of foreign descent with a couple of tables full of Damascus blades? I've seen him at a couple of N Indiana shows lately and expect he'll be at South Bend Saturday. If this is the guy I'll try to pull some info this weekend.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom