Kokomo Gun and Knife Show
    Sept. 17th 9 A.M.-5 P.M.
    Sept. 18th 9 A.M.-3 P.M.
    Kokomo Event Center
    1500 N. Reed Rd. (IN 931 North)
    Free parking
    $5.00 admission
    Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult

Guns, knives, ammo, reloading supplies, military surplus, clips & magazines,
    and more

Air conditioned

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I just heard a radio ad for this show this morning on my way to work in Indianapolis. :rockwoot:

It was on 93.1 WIBC and it was a heck of a lot better ad than the Indy 1500 ones you sometimes hear which are very annoying and not nearly as informative.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Plan on being there Saturday morning. Bringing a 7.62x39 Handi Rifle for sale. Debating about selling some other items as well.

Currently taking a class for my Ham radio tech licence. Will be taking the General Class in the Spring. Need to fund my new hobby.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Currently taking a class for my Ham radio tech licence. Will be taking the General Class in the Spring. Need to fund my new hobby.

Great hobby. I've been licensed since 1988 and have had a lot of fun and chased a lot of storms!
    Dan

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I just heard a radio ad for this show this morning on my way to work in Indianapolis. :rockwoot:

It was on 93.1 WIBC and it was a heck of a lot better ad than the Indy 1500 ones you sometimes hear which are very annoying and not nearly as informative.

While they are obnoxious they do their job which is let people talk about it. I always laughed at the old Harvey ones. "No retail" LOL

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    How does this compare to the Stout Field show last weekend? Would it be worth the drive from Indy to waste a day? Looking to finally buy some parts to build my INGO lower.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Pretty good turn out. Lots of visitors from the Vietnam Vets reunion south of Kokomo. Sold my H&R Handi-Rifle. Show is open until 7PM tonight.

Talked Ham radios with Kokomo Dave and saw Brad selling knives. No real deals jumped out at me, but with two kids in collage, I am not in the spending mood.

Did see a couple of Remington R51 pistols for sale. These are the second generation pistols that are supposed to fix all the problems with the first generation pistols. Only $395. I like the looks of them, but when I handled them, I was not impressed with the ergonomics. The current reviews say that there are still problems with them.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Got a knife for the wife for her to use in the kitchen from Brads Knives…thanks Brad, good to see ya again.

My son found private sales of a 1924 Yugo Mauser with scabbard and bayonet……got it for 160.00

Then it was 5 guys for Bacon cheeseburgers and fries!!!!!!!

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Got a knife for the wife for her to use in the kitchen from Brads Knives…thanks Brad, good to see ya again.

My son found private sales of a 1924 Yugo Mauser with scabbard and bayonet……got it for 160.00

Then it was 5 guys for Bacon cheeseburgers and fries!!!!!!!

I seen that Mauser, smoking deal, congrats. I went for reloading components, that all fell apart when I went to Bullseye...

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Saw several older S&W revolvers at reasonable prices. Kokomo Dave had a nice older S&W Model 10 M&P with matching grips for $400. Good variation of military bolt action rifles. Think I saw more variations of bayonets at this show, than the last two Indy 1500s combined.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Is the crest on the Mauser a wreath and torches or a two headed eagle with a shield? How was the selection of military surplus rifles and S&W revolvers? Thanks

Not many milsurps there today and not sure on the revolvers….my son just left with the Mauser but we looked up on the internet and discover some remarkable history…..it had a crest but not sure what. Its is a model 1924 B…..and this was a Mexican model 1912 that was aquired by Yugo's and rebarralled and used WW1 gew98 parts to be a clone of German Mauser to be used my there fighters in WWII…..article said they are often overlooked as they run a cheaper price but a very well made and solid Mauser and more rare, fine collecter and now values in the 300-400 $ range. So that was kinda cool history we found out on it.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I did some research on the model 24b, it is quite intesting. I am a Serb and I collect Yugo Mausers. I know a little bit about them, but I never knew that Mexican mausers (of all things) made their way to Yugoslavia. I would exercise caution shooting it. If I remember, the Mexican mauser is a small ring mauser designed to fire the 7mm round. The 8mn is a higher pressure round, just want to throw that out there.
    Thanks for the report guys I would really like to go

Top Bottom