• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Make sure to read the fine print. There is a 10% buyer premium. And an additional 3% for credit cards.

Yep, quite a few bidders don't seem to think about that. I figure it in before I bid and that's why I'm very rarely able to buy a gun at auctions that have a buyer's premium :(
    Honestly, I end up buying quite a bit more when there is no premium and I'm much less likely to even bother attending if there is going to be one.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Don't forget the 7% sales tax...
    Someone had a really nice collection.
    There are some quality pieces in there.

Last edited:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Don't forget the 7% sales tax...
    Someone had a really nice collection.
    There are some quality pieces in there.

You're absolutely right. I found 3 or 4 in the first few pages that I'd like to have but with the buyer premium, the CC fee, and the sales tax I would have to get some really good deals. And people b**ch about gun shows!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I found 3 or 4 in the first few pages that I'd like to have but with the buyer premium, the CC fee, and the sales tax I would have to get some really good deals. And people b**ch about gun shows!

+100!

There are some unique antique guns in there that I would like to add to my collection so I registered to bid. Reading the auction details revealed a 20% buyer's premium for online bidders, $15 transfer for the first gun and $8 for each additional (and I'm sure they're going to try and do paperwork and charge for the antique guns too), and then the final kick in the teeth - buyers will be responsible for actual shipping cost, cost of packaging materials, and a packing labor rate of $18 per hour.

After all of that BS, I figure your winning bid needs to be about half of what you are willing to pay.

Last edited:

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I made a list of items to bid on in person because I'm right there basically, but i'll bet I walk out after the first 10 items go for 50% over open market retail... I can always hope though...

Top Bottom