• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    The Kroger store just north of downtown is not carry friendly. I was stopped by a security guard and told to take my gun which was visible under my shirt back to my car. He asked if I was a LEO and if I had a carry permit. My answers were No and yes. He apologized on the way out of the store and told me that there have been several problems with carrying weapons in the store. He said it makes the customers nervous. I told him that the customers there made me nervous! Needless to say I will not be going back to that store.

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Maybe I will buy a "baby glock" and hide it better if I go to any other shady grocery stores. I was only there to pick up some Monster Drinks for my buddy. The security guard was basically like this is not my rule so Kroger being anti gun makes sense. I think he understood though. I actually lived a block or two north of there when I moved from Bloomington to Indianapolis. That neighborhood was quite a shock for a 22 year old who lived in Evansville from birth to 18 and Bloomington from 18 to 22. It was really hot the summer I lived there and I used to walk around with shorts, no shirt, and a bullet proof vest. I was not the most popular guy in that neighborhood. :)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Maybe I will buy a "baby glock" and hide it better if I go to any other shady grocery stores. I was only there to pick up some Monster Drinks for my buddy. The security guard was basically like this is not my rule so Kroger being anti gun makes sense. I think he understood though. I actually lived a block or two north of there when I moved from Bloomington to Indianapolis. That neighborhood was quite a shock for a 22 year old who lived in Evansville from birth to 18 and Bloomington from 18 to 22. It was really hot the summer I lived there and I used to walk around with shorts, no shirt, and a bullet proof vest. I was not the most popular guy in that neighborhood. :)

If people know you have a vest they will just try and rob you for it or go for head shot's :).

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Krogers in Bloomington called the cops on me many years ago because someone caught sight of my gun carried ccw iwb. I was out in the parking lot when a BPD officer stopped me and asked for ID. He then asked if I had a carry permit (yes). He thanked me and was preparing to leave. I asked what was going on and he said someone inside had seen my gun. He was very profesional and polite. I wrote a polite but strongly worded letter to that Kroger manager and to this day I rarely go into that store.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hmmm, good luck finding a grocery store that IS gun friendly. If I avoided anti-gun grocery stores I would go hungry. Stay concealed and carry on.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nevermind I found the answer to my question in a later post.
    Me I would not have bought anything & just walked out after talking to the manager.
    Where is that link to the post with the OC/CC & LTCH IN wallet cards at?
    Anyone got the link. I carry some of those but don't know where the link is anymore.

ReadnFool

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Sheridan, IN
    Given that neighborhood I would suggest waiting until you are checked out then asking them to have the security guard throw you out. That way someone can watch your 6 while you load the car.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Go in while OC'ing...

Head directly to the ice-cream case

Load cart with easily melt-able foodstuffs

quickly walk to the completely opposite end of the store and wait to be approached

if/when approached, argue a few minutes with security...but NOT enough to get yourself in more trouble. "small talk", if you will.

Leave cart full of melting product as you leave the store.

-J-

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Go in while OC'ing...

Head directly to the ice-cream case

Load cart with easily melt-able foodstuffs

quickly walk to the completely opposite end of the store and wait to be approached

if/when approached, argue a few minutes with security...but NOT enough to get yourself in more trouble. "small talk", if you will.

Leave cart full of melting product as you leave the store.

-J-

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks of this when I hear these type of grocery store stories...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom