• ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I don't know, Glueman...

"He stole my car. He had unlawfully entered my car and now occupied it while he was stealing it. I had a reasonable belief that there was no other way to stop him."

Right there in the law.

Usual disclaimers apply: IANAL, IDPOOTV, IDSIAHIELN, and TINLA.

Blessings,
    Bill

From that IC, you have to be inside the vehicle for your shooting to be justified. Once you're outside and your vehicle was driven off, there's no threat to your life.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    From the evening news, it occurred at the Kroger on 32 and Carey Rd. The driver was run into by another car in the parking lot. When the owner got out to assess the damage, a partner of the one who hit her jumped in her car and they both sped off. Police caught the carjacker but as of an hour ago (11:30PM. Jan 13) the bumper car driver got away. Disclaimer, guessing it was a her based on the employment status of Krogers.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It doesn't say that the vehicle has to be occupied by the owner, it just says occupied. If the thief is in it, it's occupied.

Same disclaimers apply.
    (of note: I'm not advocating shooting at anyone. At this point, I'm just discussing the phrasing of the law as written.)
    Blessings,
    Bill

From that IC, you have to be inside the vehicle for your shooting to be justified. Once you're outside and your vehicle was driven off, there's no threat to your life.

Top Bottom