• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turn n shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been a KS&E customer for years. They would NEVER knowingly do a straw purchase. Many times someone invites a friend along to look at guns, and give their opinion to the actual purchaser of different firearms. IMO KS&E has always gone way overboard in making sure that all the rules are followed.

Tom

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    FWIW, I was in there a few weeks ago and a couple decided on a revolver. Ed specifically asked who the gun was for and let them know that it was that person that had to fill out the 4473. This really seems likely a nuisance suit so that the Brady Center can claim a "victory" over gun violence if they were to win.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    According to one report I read, KS&E is in the top 1% nationwide of stores that sold guns used in crimes. My experience there leads me to believe that they are stand-up guys, and I wish them the best. However, if that report is true, doesn't it seem odd that such a small shop would rank so high?

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Would not be surprised if the Brady Center has done this before somewhere. This is simply a tactic to get a judgement against a Gun Shop in order to set a legal precedent. If they bring enough similar lawsuits, one will finally stick and then all Gun Shops will be painted as irresponsible. More low life lawyers will line up for a payday claiming to be only concerned with justice for a client harmed by a gun. The end game is to make it so difficult to sell guns, nobody will want to be in that business.

The next shoe to drop will be lawsuits against average guys that at one time owned a gun eventually used in a crime. Sold a gun to a friend of his brother-in-law that was later stolen and used in a crime. There is no limit to the level of scum-baggery that could be brought against law abiding gun owners.

If KS&E was knowingly allowing straw purchases, wouldn't the ATF be all over them?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If Runnels and Brady aren't able to prove that KS&E deliberately and unlawfully sold that weapons to a known "straw purchaser," I'd like to see the Judge award KS&E their legal expenses at Brady's and Runnels' expense.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Being a gun dealer this doesn't sit real well with me that the Brady Center is suing them. If they did something wrong you would think the ATF would go after them. Pretty sad that the Brady center can simply assume and then file a lawsuit.
    Brady Center files suit against local business for alleged gun crime

There is another thread on this topic running.

Dywane Runnels of IMPD is the one that Brady is using for the lawsuit. Not sure of his background. But he was shot in the leg during a traffic stop. The guy who shot him was killed.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    580x326

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to one report I read, KS&E is in the top 1% nationwide of stores that sold guns used in crimes. My experience there leads me to believe that they are stand-up guys, and I wish them the best. However, if that report is true, doesn't it seem odd that such a small shop would rank so high?

I thought the top sellers in Indiana for guns used in crime was Bradis with Don's Guns being the leader!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    FTA:
    The lawsuit says a “reasonable and law-abiding gun seller” would have had doubts about the sale and would have sought to determine whether Blackburn was actually buying the gun for himself or for Martin.

Like maybe having him fill out a 4473 which states in writing he was NOT buying for someone else? If the clerk saw the wrong box checked (yes this is a straw purchase) and ignored it or had him change it, THEN I could see liability. They asked the question via the form and the buyer lied. I dont see how the store is at at fault unless they can prove the straw purchase was discussed in front of the clerk.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    This is no surprise, using any means to close a gun store. Anything that sounds illegal is bad press and will lose business for a gun shop. Gun owners should note that 30 years ago there were 200,000 FFLs out there, now it's about a third of that. What kind of "regulatory" agency considers it their mission to put most of their regulatees out of business…
    As to the idea of banning guns in certain areas; if anyone needs a gun it is the honest citizen who has to live there , everyone can't live in a gated community. I hope that statements like these are meant to be sarcastic.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    IF there is no BATFE investigation into the sale, or prosecution, the case should go NOWHERE.

I am still wondering if Barney didn't sue the perp. This sounds like a cynical publicity and money grab...

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    I don't understand how Brady bunch has standing to sue. Seems like a motion to dismiss for lack of standing would be the simple answer.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom