• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    KS&E is my favorite gun store. The prices are great and no matter how weird you might be well, you'll look pretty normal there!
    Seriously Ed and Daryl (sic) are great guys, the dynamic between the two requires some getting used to but they are nice guys.

Erebus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Indy
    That's funny!! I just saw this place on Thursday and I'm going to be stopping by today to check it out :)

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought my Dan Wesson CBOB there since they are a CZ/Dan Wesson dealer.

I wasnt too thrilled with the service though... Paid ~$870.00 in cash but when I didnt want to buy any ammo or mags the owner acted ticked off and said to the other guy working who was talking to me to "wrap it up, we need to close". If I remember right it was more than an hour before their closing time.

I have made it a point not to go back.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Indy
    They have great prices, but yes, they do tend to get teed off if you don't want to buy anything or just want information. I've bought alot there over the years and I called one day just to find out if they carried a certain item and Ed said "I can't talk right now" and just hung up on me. I didn't express interest in buying something at the time, so he hung up.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ed probably didn't take his medication that day!?:lmfao: I have gone in there occasionally and left after about a 15 minute visit and other times have stayed in there for several hours. Once I pulled into the lot and Darrell was outside getting into his car and told me they were closing the store early because Ed was being too weird, so you never know what will happen but it's not boring!

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Have bought from them in the past. No problems and good prices. I don't bother them with questions unless I am really ready to buy or if they seem like they want to talk.

stillwaters

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I've found Ed & Darryl about as weird as me, and appreciate their off-beat humor. I've also found over the years that if I show them patience & courtesy, I'll usually get it back (unless they're busy making a sale). If you're buying CZ, I don't think you'll find it cheaper anywhere. You have to stop often & look close, but there are bargains to be had there! I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Tiny shop (I mean REAL tiny), and semi-off beat employees, but they have good prices, especially on CZs.

I have bought a few guns from them and I have just fondled guns on several occasions there. They usually are pretty nice to me, even if I am not buying anything.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    but when I didnt want to buy any ammo or mags the owner acted ticked off and said to the other guy working who was talking to me to "wrap it up, we need to close". If I remember right it was more than an hour before their closing time.

I have made it a point not to go back.

I had bought a few rifles from them back in 2002. The price was pretty good on the CZ Lux 22mag. When I asked about CZ Americans in 22lr the repsonce was , "Why, the 452 Special has excellent open sights." Hmm.. maybe I want a scoped rifle with nice walnut and no sights.

Went in there earlier this year and was not acknowleged or greeted in any way despite only one other in the shop. I went over to Plainfield Shooting Supplies afterwards and bought a CZ American. PSS always goes out of their way to make me feel welcome like an old friend and the selection is far greater.

Hoosiergw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2008
    Got to love this shop. Good folks and great prices. Some of my best buys have been there. I do enjoy going in and getting a cup of coffe.

Yes, Ed has some mood swings, I think mostly due to nicotine, and caffine. I don't blame him with all the paperwork he does. You just have to learn to work with him.

Darryl is bursting with knowlege on many firearms, mostly older stuff. If he starts talking, you may never get him to stop.

The customer base is interesting, used to relay on Military from Ft. Harrison, but now lots of folks are finding out about the CZ market he caters to.

Don't be fooled by the look of the place, it is kept that way by design. Selection is limited on the shelves, but don't be fooled, they do a great volume of business from the 20 x 30 ft place.

If they are busy they, do ask if you can wait till they are done with the other cusomers. If you are a regular, they say Hi and wait for you to ask questions.

I stop in every chance I get, I'll always find something interesting.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Indy
    After my latest visit, I'm not too sure about KSE now. There were three guys who were obviously gangbangers, one of them was buying a handgun, and he was doing everything wrong, background check, etc, yet they were selling to him anyway.

I know Popguns has refused to sell to guys who looked like obvious gangbangers in the past. These guys were even talking about their gang stuff in front of both shopkeepers. That just disturbed me, and I'm not sure if I'll go to KSE again.

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    What do you mean "everything wrong"? Who was doing what wrong?

There were three guys who were obviously gangbangers, one of them was buying a handgun, and he was doing everything wrong, background check, etc, yet they were selling to him anyway.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Indy
    The guy filling out the background check was filling it in wrong and not listening to what he was being told. The whole situation just did not look or feel right. When he was informed he wasn't writing legibly or filling in the correct info he just had a blank dazed look on his face and his two buddies were starting to get mad at Ed for lecturing him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Indy
    They were also talking loudly about hanging with a dude the night before who "was talking sh** and didn't even have a gun."

I've learned enough and been around folks with firsthand experience enough to know these guys were gangers. Absolutely no doubt about it.

stillwaters

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    So we should throw out the Constitution & judge who we sell to by their language??? Or perhaps their demeanor as they inspect your wares? Its not the nicest of neighborhoods over there, and probably 70-80% of their sales are cheap 9 mm's to blacks. There's a fine line between the braggadocio of talking neighborhood trash & serious intent to kill/injure another life. Tell me, RJS, how do you make the call of who to sell to within proper legal parameters???

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom