• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    I was out shooting my Bersa thunder 380. And less than a box of ammo a grip screw loosened up and fell out. I e-mailed Bersa and told them what happened and they asked for the serial # of my pistol and sent one no questions asked. That says something for customer service. Thanks Bersa I will be a future customer.:)

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    I have had my Bersa Thunder Pro HC for a little over a month now and love it. Only problem is with a 17 round mag I can burn thru some ammo.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    I was very happy with my Thunder 380 when I owned it. I did have an issue where the internal lock "locked up" and the gun would not function at all. I took it up to Gander Mountain and they fixed it under warranty in two days. Hard to complain about that!

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I have a Bersa Model 97 with one magazine (cannot find any others) and a Thunder Duo-Tone, both .380. The Thunder is my carry weapon. At my LGS, one of the guys told me he thinks Bersa is one of the most under-rated guns on the market. He said a lot of people see the $300 price tag and think it's just a cheap, no-good pistol.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I had a strange problem with a spare mag that I use for my 380 Thunder CC. I loaded up the mag, and tapped it lightly. All of a sudden the mag started to eject all eight shells into the firing lane. I inspected the mag and discovered on the back side a split down the center of the mag. I looked at my other mag and it appears to be a solid piece. It is a Bersa mag. Bought it at Blythes when I purchased the gun over a year ago. Going to take it back to Blythes and contact Bersa.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Absolutely the best 380 auto I've ever owned and shot. Actually I own
    two plus the new BP9CC. Own a lot of Glocks but Bersa ranks right up
    there with me!

:ingo::patriot:

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Problems Now?

I have a Bersa Thunder 380, made in 2004. It has been the most reliable
    pistol I have ever owned, and I would never sell it.
    I did look at a new Bersa last week. Did not seem the same quality to me.
    There was a time when you could read many forums, and never see a problem with a Bersa.
    Not so any more I am afraid. Guess they may be getting just like everyone else.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good to hear positive reports on gun manufacturers. I have had a similar problem with a Sig (bushing on 1911) morns over tightened the grip screws. And when I called they blew me off. Could have thrown a bushing in an envelope and had a satisfied customer for less than a $1.00 instead they severely lowered my opinion of Sig customer service.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    I have a Bersa Thunder 380, made in 2004. It has been the most reliable
    pistol I have ever owned, and I would never sell it.
    I did look at a new Bersa last week. Did not seem the same quality to me.
    There was a time when you could read many forums, and never see a problem with a Bersa.
    Not so any more I am afraid. Guess they may be getting just like everyone else.

I'm not trolling, I promise, but what differences have you seen? If anything I think the fit and finish of the newer models is actually better than the old ones. Of course this is just my :twocents:

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Don't Mind At All

I'm not trolling, I promise, but what differences have you seen? If anything I think the fit and finish of the newer models is actually better than the old ones. Of course this is just my :twocents:

Don't mind you asking at all. I looked at a new Nickel Finished Bersa 380.
    I thought the nickel finish left a lot to be desired. It was shinny in some spots, and dull in others. The gun store guy, said they have had complaints on the finish, in two of the Bersa's they had sold. (nickel)
    As to my ability to comment on the new 380 Duotone I looked at, I would say it was similiar to mine, except for the Duotone part. It to was uneven,
    and lacked consistancy. As far as taking the gun down and examining it, I did not. I don't know if I am able really compare the to, without my gun
    next to the new one. I may have been influenced by negative comments from two gun shop owners recently visited.
    It seems I never heard negatives from gun people on any Bersa, until recently.
    I would still buy another, but maybe with a little less enthusiasm.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I had an old Bersa .380 that lived in our tack room and spent alot of time getting stuffed in an old pair of dirty and sweaty saddle bags on my horses almost daily. It took a beating for years and years that way and held up like a champ.

Never had a single issue with it and definitely was a well made piece, very accurate. It did some killing come slaughtering time for hogs and cattle to.

Ghettomedic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    I have a Thunder .380 i have maybe 500 rounds through it. I keep getting misfeeds on the ramp. This happened on the 3rd round and would only happen every 10-15 rounds. I figured i just needed to smooth the ramp out and dealt with it, the problem seems to be getting worse as I was at the range this weekend it seemed like every 5-6 would jam up. im going to cintact Bersa this week. Ill post what happens.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    jams

I have a Thunder .380 i have maybe 500 rounds through it. I keep getting misfeeds on the ramp. This happened on the 3rd round and would only happen every 10-15 rounds. I figured i just needed to smooth the ramp out and dealt with it, the problem seems to be getting worse as I was at the range this weekend it seemed like every 5-6 would jam up. im going to cintact Bersa this week. Ill post what happens.

Check the extractor. If the grab finger is worn too much, it will not guide the feeding rounds and will not pull the spent casing...

Top Bottom