• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    I have no idea how this happened, I picked my pants up this morning and the spare mag, pouch and all fell to the floor with a thud. Is there any way to fix this myself?

1920008_737472209609501_1216986872_n.jpg

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Who made it? Most local companies (and even companies out of state) will fix stuff like that for free. This is why I don't like belt clips that are molded as part of the holster.

As far as fixing it yourself, use a heat gun or hair drier on high heat to heat it up and bend it back.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I agree with JT that the heat will put the clip back into the correct shape but from the picture I believe this will happen again. It looks like you have way more mag then you do pouch. All I have used is the single and double mag pouch from Blackhawk. The double was too heavy so I only use a single now.

Jt can hook you up with a company that makes kydex holsters and pouches, he has a lot of experience with them and can point you in the right direction.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have no idea how this happened, I picked my pants up this morning and the spare mag, pouch and all fell to the floor with a thud. Is there any way to fix this myself?

1920008_737472209609501_1216986872_n.jpg
    Looks like a CompTac pouch correct? If it has been flexed that far out of shape, it is now a weak point and it WILL break there sooner than later. It happened to the paddle portion of my holster when it caught on my seat belt when exiting the car.

Good news is, CompTac's CS is great! All you'll have to do is email them and they'll sent you a return #. Send it back and you'll have a new one in about a week.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    As far as fixing it yourself, use a heat gun or hair drier on high heat to heat it up and bend it back.

It's not quite that easy. As I stated above, once it's "bent' while cold, there is a weak point. Also, when heated, Kydex wants to return to its original shape (a flat sheet). You need a mold or a press to hold everything in shape as it cools.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    Yes it's a comptac. After posting this morning I did notice a visible crack along the underside of the bend. I don't think I'm going to be attempting a fix with it. I tried the minotaur iwb mag pouch today but it's just not comfortable enough for daily use for me. Thanks I'll just contact them.

Top Bottom