• ...and so much more!
  • epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Leather is pretty and usually more comfortable. Kydex is easier on wear and allows much easier reholstering (due to it not collapsing). Kydex is also usually cheaper (a good kydex can be had for about $50-$60 a good leather one is usually $100+). I usually use a Kydex holster because I am cheap more than any other reason and the fact that really nice leather holsters take time to get as they are usually custom made. I find kydex more utilitarian, but a nice leather holster is a thing of beauty. If I had a really high end gun, it would probably only be carried in high end leather.

BTW I currently use a Blade-Tech IWB, only because Comp-tac doesn't make a C-Tac for my SA Champion LW Operator.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    For IWB I do leather, for OWB I use kydex.

Ha, I am the exact opposite, leather OWB and Kydex IWB. I am considering a holster in leather that will do both IWB and OWB for a revolver purchase though.

I like the idea of the MTAC and Crossbred, but with the hot weather I think it would be too hot on my side.

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    I've carried a Blade-Tech UCH holster for a 1911 for 10 years or better and I have been thru several leather. I keep going back to the Kydex, and will problably not buy leather any more.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    You're not gettin' away with that, obijohn. Gotta have a pic of the whole bbq rig, please.

i'll post one when i am able. it's the IHL belt slide and single mag pouch. not as ornate as some i've seen, but elegant. if i get my belt back from the shop, i'll wear it to the dinner next weekend.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Thanks. I'm going to look at Gander Mt and see if they have a belt that might be suited for carry. I'd rather not spend $80+ just on a belt, especially one that may not fit correctly because I really need to be in between holes on my current belt.

do you have a saddle maker somewhere close? or a cobbler? for <$80, they should be able to make you a belt. make sure they use harness leather and either thick, or preferably, doubled and stitched. there's an amish fellow around here that does a great job, and cheap. i'll try to get his contact info and post it here. obviously, you almost have to go to his shop.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    do you have a saddle maker somewhere close? or a cobbler? for <$80, they should be able to make you a belt. make sure they use harness leather and either thick, or preferably, doubled and stitched. there's an amish fellow around here that does a great job, and cheap. i'll try to get his contact info and post it here. obviously, you almost have to go to his shop.
    Does he have a website? :):

Please do, that would help.

Top Bottom