• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    In another thread I seen that someone made a comment about an "L1 Option" in Marion County and they got their LTCH in a week or so. What is this L1 option? This may be a really dumb question but I have not heard of this before. I am going to apply for my LTCH tomorrow and was curious once I seen this. Also, is this only a Marion County thing, or is it for all of IN or just selected counties?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It does get it into your hands faster if you use L-1.

Try looking up your county and following the prompts and printing off confirmation/appointment time.

Go here to apply online. There's a lot of useful info in the stickys above.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    They handle the payment to ISP and they also do the fingerprinting electroniclly. I belive the electronic finger printing is what moves things along the fastest.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    So since I applied last week and Lake County just got put on the list, is there anyway for me to do the L1 option? Could they resend my app? This sucks.

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    Has anyone ever applied for L1 in Lake County? I live in Highland and I was curious about where I would have to go to get my prints taken. I attempted to google it and my search came up with the courts in hobart? Does this sound right? I plan to apply L1 tonight.

beclende

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    West of town
    Just applied, L1 appt on Saturday morning =] Do I have to pay my local fee before or after I go to L1?

You don't have to, but doing the same day or before will help...I paid after I went to L1 and that was my last step of the process. It only took three days from my payment to receive my LTCH in the mail, but that was a week after I had already been to L1.

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    Well I paid my state fee online, and I will definately pay before if I can. Do you have to take anything like your printed off confirmation or anything to the local pd?

beclende

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    West of town
    Well I paid my state fee online, and I will definately pay before if I can. Do you have to take anything like your printed off confirmation or anything to the local pd?

I took all that information with me, but honestly can't remember if they asked me for it, lol. I just went in and told them I applied online and had been fingerprinted and was there to pay my local fee. I had to fill out a small form and the did electronic prints on my thumbs and index fingers....paid and was on my way. Nothing to it, but I would take the reference or application number with you just in case.

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    Alright cool, I printed everything out and I'm good to go. Hell I'm going to go tomorrow and pay it so it's done with before I get my prints done. Hopefully speed the process up! Can't wait to get that shiny new card in the mail =]

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I paid on wed the 17th, got an appointment at 1:40 to get printed by L-1 at ISP headquarters on Monday the 22nd. Ten minutes there, left with a signed card saying I was there...left, went to impd at the cc building. Paid 50 bucks got my thumb and pointer printed, was told two weeks by the lady at the desk. My info was printed on the 23rd, mailed on the 24th and delivered on the 25th. Three days from prints to card. I can now carry legally (which I probably won't, but its coming to Tennessee with me this weekend).

Top Bottom