• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Don't own one (yet), but all the competitive guys using them have been really pleased.

I'd sure like to, but MAN they are pricey. I'd even consider co-owning one if somebody were close.

-Nate

LeverGunFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Bartholomew County
    I've been satisfied with my Labradar and would buy it again. The range I shoot at doesn't allow setting up skyscreens in front of the firing line, so it's either a Magnetospeed or a Labradar chronograph. The Labradar is easier to use with multiple firearms and records velocity at multiple ranges if you need that data. The Magnetospeed is smaller, lighter and available in a lower cost version. There are a few settings that you have to select when you use the Labradar for the correct velocity range (handgun, rifle) and the offset from the muzzle to the side of the Labradar, but it's not too difficult. You also have to point the Labradar at the target so that the bullet will pass through the radar beam, if you are off too much the unit may not record the shot. The Labradar is triggered by the sound of the shot, so if you have a light shooting rifle (ex 22LR) you have to be attentive to the position of the muzzle in relation to the Labradar. It may sound like the Labradar is complex to use, but it does work well out of the box.

There is another thread on INGO where a Labradar has an error message and requires repair; this is the first time I've heard of a unit with this problem:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/427510-labradar-problems.html

Overall I'm satisfied with the Labradar, the big advantage for me is the quick setup with no connection to the firearm or in front of the shooting line.

Top Bottom