• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckjoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    beech grove
    trying to buy some ammo and theres not much out there anymore but i did find this lacquered steel case ammo for a good price which i believe is brown bear but i just wanted to know if its OK to use in my Stag AR15 thanks any info where i can find good ammo with good prices please let me know.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Shoot american style ammo in american guns and commie style ammo in commie guns. A simply rule to follow, one that will make your life a lot easier.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    You should have no problem with brown bear. I have had no problems with it or wolf. I did have a guy behind the counter at Crackshot Guns in Anderson tell me if you leave one in a hot chamber they could get stuck, but that same guy said you couldn't adjust the trigger on my Beretta 92fs.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That hot one in a chamber isn't so far off, only it is with the Wolf Polymer coated, not lacquer. I was shooting Wolf Polymer in my Norinco 84S-1 and after just over thirty rounds, got one empty stuck in the chamber. Had to pound it out from the front. To make sure it was ammo problems I had a buddy check the shells as they ejected. Sure enough he was able to see the coating smearing as the chamber heated up. At around 40 rounds one finally stuck in the chamber.

Remember, this is the poly coated Wolf. I never had problems with the lacquer coated stuff.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    But britton would know more then me.:D

True, I was an Army avaitor, and you were a marine. Now what do you think?

I am soo bad!

Seriously, if you "shoot" your AR then steel case is OK, but if you train with your AR, getting it hot then it will get stuck. Also, steel against steel is not good, brass against the steel of your 1000 dollar AR is better. Besides, at $349.95 a 1000 for brass case ammo, is it worth it to save a few bucks?

OK, ready to take fire from the marines, but give me a few seconds to run down to the gun room and get my armor. :)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    That hot one in a chamber isn't so far off, only it is with the Wolf Polymer coated, not lacquer. I was shooting Wolf Polymer in my Norinco 84S-1 and after just over thirty rounds, got one empty stuck in the chamber. Had to pound it out from the front. To make sure it was ammo problems I had a buddy check the shells as they ejected. Sure enough he was able to see the coating smearing as the chamber heated up. At around 40 rounds one finally stuck in the chamber.

Remember, this is the poly coated Wolf. I never had problems with the lacquer coated stuff.

Thanks for clarification.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    True, I was an Army avaitor, and you were a marine. Now what do you think?

Yea but you own the gun shop.

Besides, at $349.95 a 1000 for brass case ammo, is it worth it to save a few bucks?

Thats what I am shooting for now on.
    OK, ready to take fire from the marines, but give me a few seconds to run down to the gun room and get my armor. :)

Don't run you will only die tired.:D

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Can you imagine how imbarrassing it is to have an AK style rifle, even in .223 to not be able to fire after bragging how unstoppable they are? :D

Top Bottom