• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    How do Iget to bryants creekroad from 37 south of martinsville?

From Martinsville: see google map link (I hope this works):
    [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Martinsville,+IN&daddr=4350+N+Bryants+Creek+Rd,+Gosport,+IN+47433&hl=en&sll=39.348967,-86.535273&sspn=0.028507,0.059223&geocode=FfGeWQIdWDXZ-ikVkvE28I9siDEOpALZg1xdKw%3BFfZqWAIdjJPX-imFrvPRgItsiDHA243Hthq6Qw&oq=martinsville&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=13"]map[/ame]

udchemist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    My friends cancelled last minute but I will still be there! Super excited! Thanks so much HandK and everyone involved in organizing this event! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Our google directions were done by a psychopath but we found a helpful lady on the road that told us where to go, and Mrs E was there in time for the second group. Things worked out.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Wonderful instruction & practice sessions!
    :rockwoot:
    Thanks to HandK, and all the other instructors, and ironjaw's wife for organizing!

:ar15:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    The minute OkieGirl got home she had to show me her new moves! :draw:
    Cycling the action with your shoe is a new one on me. :yesway:

She was glad to meet up with some of the other INGO GALS today (should be a biker gang, don't you think?)

Thanks so much to HandK and especially IronJaw's Wife for putting this on.

-John

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    What an amazing adventure!! Thanks to HandK and Ironjaws Wife and everyone that helped organize this! I learned so much, and I met some really great people! Thank you!!!!!

Scoutmom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    We had a great time, even though my friend found out she needs a different gun. My daughter had a great time and can't wait to go shooting again.

This was a very useful training.

Thank you so much HandK and his helpers, and especially IronJaw's Wife for putting this on.

gels

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Pretty full day! It was great and I was so glad to be there. Thank you to everyone who had a part in organizing it.

B-lou

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In
    Great time and learning session

Since I had talked my wife into self defense which she agreed to and bought her a firearm over 3 months ago that she was afraid to even touch unless she had some sort of instruction we went to the ladies training day with a little apprehension, me too not knowing anyone there or what we were getting ourselves into turned into one of the best things we have ever done...She was extremly nervous since she had never fired a gun and is a shooting victim herself,we were greeted by a group that acted like we had been friends all our lives and every single person we asked for help did with no questions asked....after the training session started she discovered that before anyone fired a round a complete course in gun safety would be taught which kind of eased her concerns....by the end of the day she was shooting like she had been doing it all her life and smiling all the time....so I cannot thank Handk his son and the rest of the crew for a training day that I will deem invalueable for the rest of our lives...I thought I was pretty well schooled in gun safety and firearms but learnd a lot myself....if I had 1 complaint Handk let my wife shoot his S&W m&p so now I have to buy one as a S&W airweight revolver is not a good choice for firing range practice ...then on the way home she said that the only way she would get better was to continue to practice on a shooting range and when could I get all the new stuff ready to go:cool:.....again thanks to everyone involved in putting on a first class training day that was free to boot.....B-lou

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    To the ladies that attended (I heard there were over 30 of you! :yesway:), could you answer a few questions regarding the training?

1. What was the most interesting thing you learned in the class?

2. Were any of your preconceived notions proven unfounded? If so, what were they?

3. How would you rate your current comfort level with handguns when compared with the level prior to class?

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Most interesting thing I learned was building muscle memory. It eally makes a lot of sense, and it helped increase my confidence with the hand gun. I was actually intimidated by the size of my hand gun (92 FS) and really expected it to kick a lot, but after I fired a few rounds I was amazed at how little it actually moved around. I am much more comfortable now, and more confident in my ability to use a hand gun should the need arise. I am also looking forward to a lot of range time to really practice the great drills we learned!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just popping in here to say Great Job! to all the Ladies and Thanks to I.J.W. and HandK and his son (and Westside & I.J.) ... My wife had a great time and the training (which I tried to get to her after I took it) finally sunk in! I got quite a few Pics, and a few videos ... and video of the whole bowling pin match (nice Job Pamcake!) it was a really great day. I met a bunch of you as I was trying to help 'behind the line' - I know even a few of the husbands/guys (whatever) that were closer were learning and taking in good info. I had a great time reloading and trying to solve technical issues behind the lines where I was able to help. I'll try to either get the pics uploaded here, or get them to I.J.W. to do that. if you want a video or a particular photo or something - PM me. I enjoyed talking w/ most of you ( I know I missed several of you though ) - and with several of the husbands in the back, behind the line.

(PS - after reading the whole thread on here, I hope I didn't intimidate or make anyone feel uncomfortable or detract from the experience for any one.)

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Just wanted to add to the other responses about this great event. A HUGE thanks to IJW and HandK and the other folks who organized this training course and donated selflessly their time and expertise to advance skills instruction for the ladies. I appreciate it so much. It was a wonderful learning experience and also a good opportunity to make new friends - which we did. I feel so much more comfortable with my hand gun now and am looking forward to getting in more practice time to build muscle memory and confidence. Again, to those who worked so hard behind the scenes, thank you so much.

Here's hoping there will be another training session in 2013. Thank you! :draw:

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    Sending a thanks out as well.. Daughter and I had a blast. Fell in love with my g19 all over again.:D
    Most interesting thing learned..without a doubt. unjamming my gun using my shoe and support hand only.
    Preconceived notions...hmm...maybe that I have always trained assuming my target would be farther away from me. Now I can assume that they may be right in front of me.
    Comfort level..pretty much the same.

Thanks again

Top Bottom