• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    As it will more than likely come up the following are the certifications I hold as an Firearms Instructor! :)

23 years on the police Department the last 16 years as the training officer/Firearms Instructor
    Certified By Michigan State Police as a pistol, Shotgun & patrol rifle Instructor
    Certified by the NRA as a Police Firearms pistol and shotgun Instructor
    Certified by the Ohio Law Enforcement Training Council as a Tactical Pistol tactical Shotgun Instructor
    NRA certified as a Personal protection in the home and pistol Instructor
    MCOLES Certified pistol riffle and shotgun Instructor
    Oakland County Police Academy Certified Police Pistol Instructor
    MCOLES Certified Chemical Munitions Instructor
    Ohio Law Enforcement Training Council Certified in law, liability and Policy writing
    Taser INC certified Taser Instructor

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Is there a course description or syllabus available for this training? What will be covered? What kind of drills are we looking at?

Thanks in advance for the info.

How long you think this would take? I'm definitely interested but have to work out some babysitting.

What about this part? What are you going to cover and how do you plan to cover it? All range time, or is there a lecture portion? What kind of drills are we looking at?

You will learn the skills needed to come out of a gunfight the winner! It does not matter your skill level, Everyone will progress from there level, Please read some of the posts left by the ladies that came to last years training! I will post them up in a min! As for time we will go from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Hope this helps! HandK:)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    The minute OkieGirl got home she had to show me her new moves! :draw:
    Cycling the action with your shoe is a new one on me. :yesway:

She was glad to meet up with some of the other INGO GALS today (should be a biker gang, don't you think?)

Thanks so much to HandK and especially IronJaw's Wife for putting this on.

-John

What an amazing adventure!! Thanks to HandK and Ironjaws Wife and everyone that helped organize this! I learned so much, and I met some really great people! Thank you!!!!!

We had a great time, even though my friend found out she needs a different gun. My daughter had a great time and can't wait to go shooting again.

This was a very useful training.

Thank you so much HandK and his helpers, and especially IronJaw's Wife for putting this on.

Since I had talked my wife into self defense which she agreed to and bought her a firearm over 3 months ago that she was afraid to even touch unless she had some sort of instruction we went to the ladies training day with a little apprehension, me too not knowing anyone there or what we were getting ourselves into turned into one of the best things we have ever done...She was extremly nervous since she had never fired a gun and is a shooting victim herself,we were greeted by a group that acted like we had been friends all our lives and every single person we asked for help did with no questions asked....after the training session started she discovered that before anyone fired a round a complete course in gun safety would be taught which kind of eased her concerns....by the end of the day she was shooting like she had been doing it all her life and smiling all the time....so I cannot thank Handk his son and the rest of the crew for a training day that I will deem invalueable for the rest of our lives...I thought I was pretty well schooled in gun safety and firearms but learnd a lot myself....if I had 1 complaint Handk let my wife shoot his S&W m&p so now I have to buy one as a S&W airweight revolver is not a good choice for firing range practice ...then on the way home she said that the only way she would get better was to continue to practice on a shooting range and when could I get all the new stuff ready to go:cool:.....again thanks to everyone involved in putting on a first class training day that was free to boot.....B-lou

Most interesting thing I learned was building muscle memory. It eally makes a lot of sense, and it helped increase my confidence with the hand gun. I was actually intimidated by the size of my hand gun (92 FS) and really expected it to kick a lot, but after I fired a few rounds I was amazed at how little it actually moved around. I am much more comfortable now, and more confident in my ability to use a hand gun should the need arise. I am also looking forward to a lot of range time to really practice the great drills we learned!

Just wanted to add to the other responses about this great event. A HUGE thanks to IJW and HandK and the other folks who organized this training course and donated selflessly their time and expertise to advance skills instruction for the ladies. I appreciate it so much. It was a wonderful learning experience and also a good opportunity to make new friends - which we did. I feel so much more comfortable with my hand gun now and am looking forward to getting in more practice time to build muscle memory and confidence. Again, to those who worked so hard behind the scenes, thank you so much.

Here's hoping there will be another training session in 2013. Thank you! :draw:

Sending a thanks out as well.. Daughter and I had a blast. Fell in love with my g19 all over again.:D
    Most interesting thing learned..without a doubt. unjamming my gun using my shoe and support hand only.
    Preconceived notions...hmm...maybe that I have always trained assuming my target would be farther away from me. Now I can assume that they may be right in front of me.
    Comfort level..pretty much the same.

Thanks again

Thank You, My wife learned allot and more important she feels more comfortable. This makes me fell allot more comefortable. As a shop owner I now feel better about my wife being there.
    Thank You,
    Walt

What an amazing day. What an amazing experience. Amazing instruction from Handk and his guys And What an amazing group of women!!! When you think of what we accomplished....some going from never having shot a gun.... to shooting with confidence and even enjoying it. I looked around the group and everywhere I looked there were smiles!

1. who knew I could use my shoe to rack the slide? !
    2. I wasn't expecting so much encouragement from the guys. That was great.
    3. More confident and comfortable being in a group of people all wearing guns and actually wearing mine!

just thinking about the weekend, I am sitting here with a big smile on my face!!!
    A huge Thank you IJW, and Handk and your guys.

What a great experience. Usually classes like that intimidate me but the guys made me feel very comfortable. I feel much more confident carring my gun, great pointers to fend off attackers. I really learned a lot but I think the most important point was that your index finger autamatically knows where center mass is and you can rely on it to aim. Before I got really hung up on the aiming part of shooting.

Hope this helps!:)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Bring your own lunch and drinks. I also suggest a chair.

Things you will need:

• handgun
    • outside waist band holster (preferably kydex)
    • mag holster
    • 500 rounds of ammo
    • eye and ear protection

You will need a good OWB holster Leather is the best but Kydex or one of the other brand of plastic holsters will do just fine! No Nylon holsters as the do not hold up or hold the gun tight into the body! Please remember to bring or wear a belt! that is the number one thing that women forget! If you have extra gear please bring it along as i'm sure someone will forget something! Thank you, HandK :)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Don't forget to bring appropriate clothes for this time of year along with comfortable shoes no sandals! and a hat would also be in order just encase! Will add to this if I can think of anything else!
    Pm me if I have forgot to post up something, or ask any questions you might have!

Top Bottom