• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Because we shoot better than the guys and not having to deal with their mopey, whiny attitudes when they realize it is always a plus in my book. ;)

I don't like pink either (though my AR has nice blue furniture). Doesn't mean I wouldn't like a gals' night out where we just happen to shoot firearms instead of thread needles, discuss book plots, or try out the latest Pampered Chef recipe.

We must not know the same men then...

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Sundays are easier for me, but with enough notice (and at this point, I'm looking at .. sheesh... next year, maybe... ) I could get a Saturday off work instead of my usual Sunday. Anyone want to throw any dates around? Sept. 18 and 19 are out, obviously. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Sundays are easier for me, but with enough notice (and at this point, I'm looking at .. sheesh... next year, maybe... ) I could get a Saturday off work instead of my usual Sunday. Anyone want to throw any dates around? Sept. 18 and 19 are out, obviously. ;)
    Sunday would be best for me, also. Pami asked to throw out a date, so how about October 3rd? Hopefully the weather will cool off by then .:dunno:
    The Colts have an away game on that day with a later start (Jacksonville @ 4:05). :)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sunday would be best for me, also. Pami asked to throw out a date, so how about October 3rd? Hopefully the weather will cool off by then .:dunno:
    The Colts have an away game on that day with a later start (Jacksonville @ 4:05). :)

I'll pencil it in as it works for me. Question though: If the BGF range isn't set to open until Nov 1, will we be shooting somewhere else or just having a meet-n-greet brunch-ish kind of thing?

I kinda prefer the latter. I'd like to be able to chat and get to know everyone without the interruptions of a range or over the reports of gunfire. But it's not like I'd turn down a chance to hit the range.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'll pencil it in as it works for me. Question though: If the BGF range isn't set to open until Nov 1, will we be shooting somewhere else or just having a meet-n-greet brunch-ish kind of thing?

I kinda prefer the latter. I'd like to be able to chat and get to know everyone without the interruptions of a range or over the reports of gunfire. But it's not like I'd turn down a chance to hit the range.
    The meet-n-greet works for me, too. We can always think of something else stereotypically non-girly to do, too. ;) I've got Oct. 3 penciled in on my calendar... *Wrinkles her nose* We need to be done by 2:00 though, or wait until 4 or 5 pm. My nephew's birthday is the 4th, so I'm guessing his party will be that Sunday, and seeing as how I'm his favorite Aunt (mostly because I usually bring Uncle Lars with me), I'd be dead if I miss it. :):

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The meet-n-greet works for me, too. We can always think of something else stereotypically non-girly to do, too. ;) I've got Oct. 3 penciled in on my calendar... *Wrinkles her nose* We need to be done by 2:00 though, or wait until 4 or 5 pm. My nephew's birthday is the 4th, so I'm guessing his party will be that Sunday, and seeing as how I'm his favorite Aunt (mostly because I usually bring Uncle Lars with me), I'd be dead if I miss it. :):

Fellow shooters, I have a confession to make. I'm [strike]a little[/strike] insanely OCD about planning. Thankfully, the good Lord tempered it with an equally insane ability adapt to changes in the plan, but I MUST. HAVE. A. PLAN. :D :laugh:

In all seriousness, I know that October 3 will sneak up on me (and probably the rest of us) rather quickly, and I would hate not to have this thing happen because we never got farther than penciling it in on the calendar. Do we have a location, time, and agenda (though doing nothing but enjoying good food and good company sounds just peachy to me)?

Would it be easier if someone just made an executive decision about where and when on the 3rd and let everyone else determine if that works for her? If it doesn't for a majority, we can make changes accordingly?

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Fellow shooters, I have a confession to make. I'm [strike]a little[/strike] insanely OCD about planning. Thankfully, the good Lord tempered it with an equally insane ability adapt to changes in the plan, but I MUST. HAVE. A. PLAN. :D :laugh:

In all seriousness, I know that October 3 will sneak up on me (and probably the rest of us) rather quickly, and I would hate not to have this thing happen because we never got farther than penciling it in on the calendar. Do we have a location, time, and agenda (though doing nothing but enjoying good food and good company sounds just peachy to me)?

Would it be easier if someone just made an executive decision about where and when on the 3rd and let everyone else determine if that works for her? If it doesn't for a majority, we can make changes accordingly?
    I vote for 88GT to be Chairman of the Girls-Only Event Planning Committee. Whatever she decides is fine with me. ;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, where is everybody located? I'll try and pick something equi-distant as well as I can.

And any food issues, likes/dislikes, etc to consider? be sure to mention that too.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Well, where is everybody located? I'll try and pick something equi-distant as well as I can.

And any food issues, likes/dislikes, etc to consider? be sure to mention that too.
    Fishers area, but I have to be in Whiteland by 2 pm that day. Willing to travel.

I don't like seafood or fungus of any kind. That is non-negotiable.

Top Bottom