Ladybugs looking to overwinter in the house...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I noticed the swarms yesterday, from my kitchen window.

We've been lucky the last year or two and haven't had the massive amounts as years past. Didn't notice what seemed to be any big migrations.

I treated the exterior nooks and crannies with this stuff. Porch shows dead bugs, with nothing still crawling on the house.

1698002655015.png

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I spray Bonide Carpenter Ant and Termite Killer all over the house, at the end of the lady bugs there is a ring of dead all around the house. They just return the following year.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I have that problem too. Entire swarms on the outside of the house, and many making it indoors as well. I spray bug-killer on the outdoor ones and individually kill the indoor ones. But nothing seems to stop them (except finally cold weather)

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I spray Home Defense where I see the beetles (they are not lady bugs) on the house. I also spray around windows mainly on the south side of the house as that is where I see the most if them. It has helped keep them out of the house a lot.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good luck battling them.. I know they taste really bad.. potato chips malfunction. Somehow one landed on the chip as it was entering the food portal.. no matter how fancy I tried to spin it they taste awful. Would not recommend trying them as a snack
    They aren't good in coffee either.

I noticed a bunch by the door on the west end of our house but so far, that's it. The stink bugs are starting to show up as well.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    They aren't good in coffee either.

I noticed a bunch by the door on the west end of our house but so far, that's it. The stink bugs are starting to show up as well.
    I’ve watched one fall in a cup of coffee and you could see the oil that they excrete come out.
    Stink bugs have been bad here too

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Does this work for stink bugs also?
    Yes. IIRC, there are two main types of insecticides, which work based on the insects skeletal structure. I use this as an all purpose and Demon WP for carpenter bee treatment in the spring.

f27da1c816acd2d5ac518455ce0df613.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I noticed the swarms yesterday, from my kitchen window.

We've been lucky the last year or two and haven't had the massive amounts as years past. Didn't notice what seemed to be any big migrations.

I treated the exterior nooks and crannies with this stuff. Porch shows dead bugs, with nothing still crawling on the house.

View attachment 307256
    Those Japanese lady stink bugs are a pain.
    I spray around my doors and windows outside with ortho home defense and it does a good job. They still land in on those area's but they die in a few seconds and make a bug pile.
    This stuff keeps working even after several month's .
    Just remember when you see bugs around your home again to spray again. First time I sprayed was in May. And I just did so again yesterday.

1698280696039.png

Top Bottom