• ...and so much more!
  • SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    RamZ is a great place to buy guns

RamZ Exchange has always been way more than fair with me. Their prices are in line with the local shops, they've been fair about trade ins and negotiations and have always been straight up.

RamZ is also a Davidson's dealer if you want to buy a new gun online and transfer through their store.

Their selection of guns changes pretty rapidly as well, with new offerings every week.

I would highly recommend RamZ as a gun store within a pawn shop.

Ask for Chad.

No I don't work there. :)

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    The new pawn shop Had one bow and that is it, The were still putting stuff on the shelfs. I didn't even see a spot for them to put firearms or anything to deal with them.

Cash loan and security also owns A-Z exchange down at Market Square(By Arnies)

A-Z has 30+ long guns and 10+ handguns at any given time as well as ammo, holsters, dies, mags and scopes

I imagine one day they will combine them, but not until they make the new shop less of a circle jerk!

The new shop sucks! I was tripping over everything on the ground, products without pricetags, items in the walk ways, unorganized. Not a big fan.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Gunrott, call Diamond V.. He was telling me (months ago, when the shop was still in delphi) that he was getting into bluing. Other than that, you'd probably have to go to a gunsmith, and I'm not aware of any in Lafayette (Shogun in Monon, Paris in Frankfort, maybe??)

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    I will check out Both Diamond V first, They treated me good the first time I was in there. I still have yet to go to Tippecanoe sports shop. Why is every gun shop closed on Mondays? I usually have Mondays off, and thanks for your help.

leedawg77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    I've had issues with Ace & Rico's .. lack of response, two weeks later they still hadn't placed my order for shipping. One suggestion I might make to save some money is go to www.galleryofguns.com - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of guns: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns. and do the retailer search and go through Applied Ballistics -Davidson store. They got my guns in the next day and were extremely helpful.

For a pawn shop Ram-Zs isn't bad. The guy there was knowledgeable and they had a nice selection. But most of the used guns were selling almost as high as new versions of the same gun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why is every gun shop closed on Mondays? I usually have Mondays off, and thanks for your help.

Because they are open Saturday so the owner's weekend is Sunday and Monday.:)

Now, when/if I open my gun store, it will be open seven days a week, and there will be a library, a pool table, and range babes.:D

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I've had issues with Ace & Rico's .. lack of response, two weeks later they still hadn't placed my order for shipping. One suggestion I might make to save some money is go to www.galleryofguns.com - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of guns: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns. and do the retailer search and go through Applied Ballistics -Davidson store. They got my guns in the next day and were extremely helpful.

For a pawn shop Ram-Zs isn't bad. The guy there was knowledgeable and they had a nice selection. But most of the used guns were selling almost as high as new versions of the same gun.

The two guys that run this shop have full time jobs (police detective and the other works management at an apartment complex I believe), on top of running Ace & Rico. Sometimes you will just need to nag them a bit to get the ball rolling with things, or stop into the store.

On average I've found Applied Ballistics to be $10-30 higher, if not more, then Ace & Rico through Davidson's Guns.

rob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    First off, I know this thread is a few months old, but I ordered a Daniel Defense m4v4 through Ace & Rico in March of 2011. Tim has been excellent at keeping me up to date with what is going on with the back order. When I first placed the order and set up the appointment to meet him at the new shop, everything went great and he seemed like a down-to-earth gun guy who got into the business because he loves guns, not to make money. But recently, he hasn't been answering my emails. its been two weeks and still no reply. I'll admit that I have probably driven him insane with questions and gun ****-chat, but its nice to talk openly with an educated individual, like Tim, about guns and such. Now, in my defense, he has a nice chunk of my money and keeping me up to date shouldn't be too hard...should it?

Any information or suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Top Bottom