• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    if firing in safe direction and not far from vehicle, i would put a few holes in it so the police could find it easier. I don't think the police would have much trouble with that. They like to catch the bad guy. Obviously, doing it safely in a uncontrolled situation is the question. I have thought of so many scenarios and what if's, but if I am ever in a situation where my gun is in my hand, I am sure things won't go quite as planned. Adrenaline alone will affect the entire out come. Police train all the time and things don't go the way plan all the time.

Using a deadly weapon to mark a vehicle? I'd recommend acquainting yourself with Indiana's Criminal Recklessness statute. Or hoping for a very understanding prosecutor.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    if firing in safe direction and not far from vehicle, i would put a few holes in it so the police could find it easier. I don't think the police would have much trouble with that. They like to catch the bad guy. Obviously, doing it safely in a uncontrolled situation is the question. I have thought of so many scenarios and what if's, but if I am ever in a situation where my gun is in my hand, I am sure things won't go quite as planned. Adrenaline alone will affect the entire out come. Police train all the time and things don't go the way plan all the time.

Far better to be a great witness. An accurate description of the car and plate and the perp is far more helpful than a bullet hole, or ten. A cell phone pic is far more valuable than any bullet holes in a car.

If you are willing to be ruled by adrenaline, the outcome can never be good for you. It is possible to be in control of yourself, no matter how pumped you may be.

JMHO

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

In case you were wondering, some of the people that advised you against, a police officer, and a lawyer.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    In case you were wondering, some of the people that advised you against, a police officer, and a lawyer.

Aye
    Spoken from education and experience, but even without the advantage of BBI's and Houghmade's spot on advisements, common sense would dictate a big negatory on the idea of "marking" a fleeing vehicle with gunfire.

Top Bottom