• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I came to a decision a while back. If driving, I come upon a road-blocking protest, I will slow down. I will give them time and room to move. I will not intentionally cause harm to others. These are important concerns to me.

I also will not be stopped by a line of humans across a street unless they are LEOs, and then maybe. I might give vague consideration to it if I am alone. If my daughter or wife are in the car, far less consideration to that option will be given. If my grandson is in the car, all bets are off. He is my primary concern, and I won't allow him to be put at risk.

Further, I've seen bits of the stories of ambulances blocked while enroute with patients. I was always taught that scene safety included protecting yourself first, your partner second, and the patient third, with "everyone else" coming in distantly behind those considerations. Given those priorities, if someone who should know better needs pushed out of the way with a bumper or fender, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". I have no plans of being the next Reginald Denny.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It has the added benefit of giving them their only shower for the month.... Can you add soap tabs to a fire hose?

Not directly to the hose, and doing so requires a different nozzle on the tip of the hose. Firefighters out there, correct if I'm mistaken: Fire school for me was about 30 years ago, but I think AFFF would do the job. (A-triple F is "Aqueous Film Forming Foam", for those not in the fire service)

It also doesn't come out with the force of a waterjet, so you'd need a foam hose as well as straight water. And likely a few folks with scrub brushes as well.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I came to a decision a while back. If driving, I come upon a road-blocking protest, I will slow down. I will give them time and room to move. I will not intentionally cause harm to others. These are important concerns to me.

I also will not be stopped by a line of humans across a street unless they are LEOs, and then maybe. I might give vague consideration to it if I am alone. If my daughter or wife are in the car, far less consideration to that option will be given. If my grandson is in the car, all bets are off. He is my primary concern, and I won't allow him to be put at risk.

Further, I've seen bits of the stories of ambulances blocked while enroute with patients. I was always taught that scene safety included protecting yourself first, your partner second, and the patient third, with "everyone else" coming in distantly behind those considerations. Given those priorities, if someone who should know better needs pushed out of the way with a bumper or fender, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". I have no plans of being the next Reginald Denny.

Blessings,
    Bill

Please don't run over the LEOs if they are in-between you and the group blocking the road. Otherwise, carry on.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Unless they have a permit, it's not legal to just block off the road because they want to.
    They should be arrested if they interfere with the free movements of others.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Please don't run over the LEOs if they are in-between you and the group blocking the road. Otherwise, carry on.

My point was when officers are blocking a road and doing so for nefarious purposes. This obviously is going to be an exceedingly rare situation.... Like next to never. I refer more to times that the road is blocked before y'all get there; if you're there, they won't be blocking the road anymore, will they? ;)

Stay safe out there, Frank, and indeed, all of you who take "protect and serve" as a sworn duty.

Blessings,
    Bill

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We need a mock protest setup with a hippie guy in a hockey mask and a megaphone. Then a car comes by and hockey mask leader yells "car! March off!" And everyone gets to the side. Then it passes and he yells "march on!" And it restarts. But another car comes before they are reassembled. Then traffic picks up. Then someone suggests they should have met elsewhere

(Wayne's world reference for those who didn't get it)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    We need a mock protest setup with a hippie guy in a hockey mask and a megaphone. Then a car comes by and hockey mask leader yells "car! March off!" And everyone gets to the side. Then it passes and he yells "march on!" And it restarts. But another car comes before they are reassembled. Then traffic picks up. Then someone suggests they should have met elsewhere

(Wayne's world reference for those who didn't get it)

I got it. Smooth move Denny'ing your own post.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not directly to the hose, and doing so requires a different nozzle on the tip of the hose. Firefighters out there, correct if I'm mistaken: Fire school for me was about 30 years ago, but I think AFFF would do the job. (A-triple F is "Aqueous Film Forming Foam", for those not in the fire service)

It also doesn't come out with the force of a waterjet, so you'd need a foam hose as well as straight water. And likely a few folks with scrub brushes as well.

I heard a rumor that a P250 fire pump will knock people over.
    But... just a rumor.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    lol Im just glad down here in Bloomington there hasnt been much ANTIFA activity, now as a libertarian type I am generally live and let live, but if I see some dudes with skinny jeans and masks running around with pipes and stuff I will not hesitate to draw on those guys

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    lol Im just glad down here in Bloomington there hasnt been much ANTIFA activity, now as a libertarian type I am generally live and let live, but if I see some dudes with skinny jeans and masks running around with pipes and stuff I will not hesitate to draw on those guys

Don't you think the whole point of this thread was to remind people to relax?

Let the baby have his bottle and move on. We don't need guns pointed at anyone and we don't need more b.s. laws having the police "clear the streets by any means necessary".

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If they are in some 'generic' area and not hurting folks? Sure, relaxation and relocation is in order. If they are coming down my street (or boxing in my family) I intend to be prepared for their worst behavior.

Top Bottom