• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Getting ready to head north next week and was wondering if anyone is just getting back. This will be our 32nd year heading there so we got the spots just wondering if anyone found any patterns we should be trying.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Where you staying ??

If anyone is interested, my family has a 6.3 acre island for sale on Long Bay out from the Totem Lodges / Yellowbird complex.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Where you staying ??

If anyone is interested, my family has a 6.3 acre island for sale on Long Bay out from the Totem Lodges / Yellowbird complex.

We will be staying at Oak Island Resort. We have been going there since 1984 and are going to meet the new owner (third since we have been going there.)

Ohhh man just looked on the map where you were talking about. They are way over in the clear water section of L.O.W.. I have never fished that far east. The farthest east we may get is Chisholm Island.

Now we used to drive over Long Bay on our way to Pakwash Lake Ontario.....that place is a pike factory!!! 50-75 fish days were not uncommon and my largest pike to date came from there at 48". Fun lake but it got a little small on us. We like to try a little new water everyday and Pakwash got to the point where you were just fishing the same 14 spots all week every week. TONS of fish but started to get boring.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    We will be staying at Oak Island Resort. We have been going there since 1984 and are going to meet the new owner (third since we have been going there.) Ohhh man just looked on the map where you were talking about. They are way over in the clear water section of L.O.W.. I have never fished that far east. The farthest east we may get is Chisholm Island.Now we used to drive over Long Bay on our way to Pakwash Lake Ontario.....that place is a pike factory!!! 50-75 fish days were not uncommon and my largest pike to date came from there at 48". Fun lake but it got a little small on us. We like to try a little new water everyday and Pakwash got to the point where you were just fishing the same 14 spots all week every week. TONS of fish but started to get boring.
    It is understandably, with heavy heart, that the property is being sold. My Grandfather purchased it from the Crown in 1953 for the cost of a survey and a commitment to make $3500.00 in improvements with a specific time frame. As a kid, it was not unusual to have 3 to 6 week stays on island, but the distance, and other life issues, have demanded otherwise.8 Long Bay Island 22 Summer Resort Location EB1299, Sioux Narrows, ON

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    It is understandably, with heavy heart, that the property is being sold. My Grandfather purchased it from the Crown in 1953 for the cost of a survey and a commitment to make $3500.00 in improvements with a specific time frame. As a kid, it was not unusual to have 3 to 6 week stays on island, but the distance, and other life issues, have demanded otherwise.8 Long Bay Island 22 Summer Resort Location EB1299, Sioux Narrows, ON

Yes those are rare properties anymore. They wont let you "Buy" the property anymore....it is a 100 year lease.

Top Bottom