• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Iv seen lots of YouTube vids of the clowns running after people and some with weapons and one vid was so freaking creepy the clown was just standing on a porch and the owner had cctv and he just stood there looking into the camera and then started destroying a pumpkin, very creepy, and then another vid where a guy who was armed had a "clown" in his sights and was telling him to stay put and I guess bozo wasn't bulletproof lol he ran into the woods and the guy unloaded on him,

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm genuinely curious about this, you've answered "Law 101" questions for me before, will you indulge me again?

How is "reasonable" an objective standard? Isn't that what people are arguing about at a trial? First, what the facts of the case were, and then if the actions established in the facts are reasonable (and thereby defensible)?

Isn't "reasonable" fluid and dependent on the circumstances?

...or is there some legal edifice that strictly defines what constitutes "reasonable"?

I don't want to pay for law school just to learn this!

In the context of a criminal defendant, the reasonable man standard is "objective" in that it does not matter what individual defendant believed. The fact that he believed his life was in danger is not enough to make that fear "reasonable". What is "reasonable" does, indeed, depend upon all of the circumstances, but again, the issue is what the hypothetical "reasonable man" would do in all of those circumstances, not what the defendant actually did under all of those circumstances. So how do we know? We tell a jury what the definition of reasonable is: "what the ordinarily prudent person would do under the same or similar circumstances" and the jury has to decide whether the defendant's actions are what an ordinarily prudent person would have done or not.

It is not "objective" as in- "mathematical calculation". It is "objective" as in it is the same standard for everyone and not based upon your "subjective" thoughts about what was proper for you to do.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In the context of a criminal defendant, the reasonable man standard is "objective" in that it does not matter what individual defendant believed. The fact that he believed his life was in danger is not enough to make that fear "reasonable". What is "reasonable" does, indeed, depend upon all of the circumstances, but again, the issue is what the hypothetical "reasonable man" would do in all of those circumstances, not what the defendant actually did under all of those circumstances. So how do we know? We tell a jury what the definition of reasonable is: "what the ordinarily prudent person would do under the same or similar circumstances" and the jury has to decide whether the defendant's actions are what an ordinarily prudent person would have done or not.

It is not "objective" as in- "mathematical calculation". It is "objective" as in it is the same standard for everyone and not based upon your "subjective" thoughts about what was proper for you to do.

Thank you!

That was exactly what I was wondering. Makes more sense to me now.

You have earned the 0 rep points headed your way!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Serious, how is this clown **** a thing?
    The internet has decreased the time frame and increased the scale of memetic spread.

In other words: idiot sees clowns punking people, decides it would be fun.

Except now instead of a handful of idiots seeing it in the local paper a week later we have thousands of idiots seeing it on the internet in real time.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Serious, how is this clown **** a thing?

Because america has turned into a bunch of p***ies that get scared because somebody is wearing a costume. I Dont care how you are dressed; you menace me and you wont like it. You simply stand there dressed up and I will laugh and point at you for being an a**hat that failed.

image-homey-dont-play-dat-clown-living-color-white-t-shirt-back-in-the-day-buffet.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Because america has turned into a bunch of p***ies that get scared because somebody is wearing a costume. I Dont care how you are dressed; you menace me and you wont like it. You simply stand there dressed up and I will laugh and point at you for being an a**hat that failed.

They don't get scared because of the costume (well maybe some do), they get scared because they are chassed by a knife-yielding man wearing a mask.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They don't get scared because of the costume (well maybe some do), they get scared because they are chassed by a knife-yielding man wearing a mask.

True for some incidents. Some incidents have been them just being creepy.

There was one yesterday up the street in my neighborhood. (or possibly the next neighborhood over as the street named goes through two neighborhoods) Some idiot wearing the full getup was seen just walking up and down the street not doing anything "wrong". (except dressing in a provocative manner that he knew would distress some.)

And I wonder just how many of these are kids telling stories to get attention? I havent seen how many incidents were confirmed by a parental unit also seeing them.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    True for some incidents. Some incidents have been them just being creepy.

There was one yesterday up the street in my neighborhood. (or possibly the next neighborhood over as the street named goes through two neighborhoods) Some idiot wearing the full getup was seen just walking up and down the street not doing anything "wrong". (except dressing in a provocative manner that he knew would distress some.)

And I wonder just how many of these are kids telling stories to get attention? I havent seen how many incidents were confirmed by a parental unit also seeing them.

I've seen some of those prank videos that sound fake too.
    Like both the clown and the "victim" know what's going on.

I don't know how many people have really attacked strangers dressed as clowns, or pretended to attack them to "prank them".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've seen some of those prank videos that sound fake too.
    Like both the clown and the "victim" know what's going on.

I don't know how many people have really attacked strangers dressed as clowns, or pretended to attack them to "prank them".

That is 99.99999999999% of these. Pranksters pranking. I seriously doubt anyone is bothering to dress up as a clown before doing an honest to god attack where they have intentions of causing actual physical bodily harm. (they just want to scare the crap out of them)

Scott357

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Ditto. LaPorte county is trash - ridden throughout the back country roads. Get him to pick it up.

Chris S

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    Chesterton
    I applaud the police for filing charges and county upholding the law and implementing a penalty. This guy is a fool for falsifying such a dumb report and risking getting himself in trouble. He has a child or pregnant wife or something. What an idiot. The police searched the hospital looking for this injured clown and wasted their time because of this dummy. Jail time seems extreme for this, maybe a good fine and community service would be adequate but glad they upheld the law and held him accountable.

Top Bottom