• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Necropost: The DNR did finally come to the site. Looked at the evidence and said, "dogs did it..."

Good news: the DNR says no cougar

Bad news: large "dogs" with prints larger than the palm of your hand that can rip the throats out of two donkeys after jumping 4ft fence (only one type/size of prints at sight)

Did you happen to catch the CO's name? Wasnt Barbrady was it?

barbrady.jpeg

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Local farmer with hogs found a 200 pound carcass of one of his hogs 20 foot up in a tree.

That's no dog or bobcat.

Four of my neighbors that live within a mile and a half of each other have seen a cougar/cougars recently. I have spoke to our C.O. about it. Apparently, the DNR has indoctrinated all of our C.O.s to deny the existence of big cats in the state.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Local farmer with hogs found a 200 pound carcass of one of his hogs 20 foot up in a tree.

That's no dog or bobcat.

Four of my neighbors that live within a mile and a half of each other have seen a cougar/cougars recently. I have spoke to our C.O. about it. Apparently, the DNR has indoctrinated all of our C.O.s to deny the existence of big cats in the state.

So they won't mind if we deny shooting them. :rolleyes:

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    The DNR (Department of Natural Retards) will deny that cougars, wolves, or bears are in an area until a child is mauled and or killed and they have no other option around the denial (lie) that the animals are present in the location.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    The DNR (Department of Natural Retards) will deny that cougars, wolves, or bears are in an area until a child is mauled and or killed and they have no other option around the denial (lie) that the animals are present in the location.

What is the point in denying that they exist? Are they afraid that people will start shooting at random animals that might be a cougar but turns out to be a pet dog?

I just do not see what is to be gained by keeping the information private.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The DNR released trail cam footage of a mountain lion in Greene county a couple of years back, how is that denial?

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    What is the point in denying that they exist? Are they afraid that people will start shooting at random animals that might be a cougar but turns out to be a pet dog?

I just do not see what is to be gained by keeping the information private.

Fear of large cats keeping people out of the woods...thus decreases state park revenue. :dunno:

Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County

That's no dog or bobcat.

What part of the state?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Ffirst of all I don't understand why some of you are so bothered about what animals are and are not claimed to be here by DNR . After that they probably don't want the **** storm that may come from people wanting them protected, people wanting to be protected from them, people wanting them exterminated, people wanting to pay for studies, people afraid of their own shadows, and on and on and on.

Is a cougar really capable of climbing a tree with a 200lb hog in its mouth?

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    [FONT=&quot]The mountain lion in Indiana is protected as an exotic mammal. State law allows a resident landowner or tenant to kill a mountain lion while it is causing damage to property owned or leased by the landowner or tenant. If the landowner/tenant wishes to have someone else kill the mountain lion, that person must get a permit from the DNR Division of Fish & Wildlife.”

from DNR[/FONT]

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    There is a big difference between someone sitting in their living room in the middle of a city wanting the poor animal protected and one of my family members doing a chore on my farm and being attacked. Prevention of problems comes before the attack, not after.

I am not going to go "shoot up" my own property. I am not looking for a cougar, I don't want a cougar. But if it comes to telling me a lie because you think it will make me happy or telling the truth so I can take that info into consideration for outdoor activities, then give it to me with the bark on and then if something happens you an say, "he was warned..."

My neighbor has 200+ acres and says he has seen a cougar twice. His land is mostly clear. I only have 62 acres which is mostly wooded but my trail cams haven't picked up anything but bobcats.

I haven't gone "full auto genocide" on the bobcats and I don't plan to on anything else less it gets froggy...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom