• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Never underestimate the strength and will of someone fighting for their home.....Every month in American Rifleman's "Armed Citizen" column we get a taste of what regular folks are capable of when they feel they or their family are threatened....

Bingo. I am not Rambo or a Recon Marine, but if you think the Japanese were dicks on Iwo Jima, I think we can do the same or better. Granted they got nuked, but at that point, it's all pissing in the wind, anyway.

If the North Koreans breach the door, I'm heading for the gas line in the basement, busting that SOB open and lighting a Marlboro Red. "MADE IT MA, TOP OF THE WORLD!"

[video=youtube;OjzKiEs_pHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjzKiEs_pHI[/video]

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    But if we hunters want to shoot the enemy in another state, other than our own, we have to buy a non-resident license and they are kind of expensive. Even then, we can't use "high powered" rifles.

archy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Oaktown/Vincennes ar
    In addition to the hunters: there's a proposed law in one western state to allow the county sheriff to maintain a fund equal to the number of registered voters in the county; a thousand voters, $1000, 5 thousand voters, 5 thousand bucks, and so on. In the event of a long-duration emergency requiring the sheriff to deputize more than a hundred posse members for an extended period of time, he'd be able to hire them as *paid and sworn law enforcement personnel*- at the rate of $1 per year.

Of course there'd be some voters who'd be unable to participate: some disabled, conscientious objectors, others with farm/ranch obligations and so forth. No matter; each of the sheriff's deputies would in effect become a squad leader, with 10 or a dozen new best buddies there with him to watch his back. And left flank. And the right one. Guards on the local schools, not just when the kids are there and classes are in session, but 24/7...yep. Guards, if needed, for local grocery stores, or gas stations, or the power substations? Yep. Road blocks, especially at the bridges, and at the county line down south, since there's a state prison in the next county down that way. Got it covered. And, of course, with all sorts of levels of experience, and all sorts of former military and civilian world skills, and all with long-term working familiarity and expertise about the local surroundings.

Not a bad idea. Throw in a couple of hundred cheap printed baseball caps and nylon windbreakers, and suddenly, a small-county sheriff is not nearly as understaffed as might be the case in a disaster or other emergency. And all for less than the cost of another patrol car or new weapons for the active deputies.... which might become fundraising projects for the posse, if really needed.

The idea might be workable, with a little fine-tuning, in Indiana as well.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Largest middle eastern population in one city outside of Baghdad Iraq, is the Detroit Michigan area.
    No problems when your major U.S. Muslim population is surrounded by Michigan Deer Hunters.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    In addition to the hunters: there's a proposed law in one western state to allow the county sheriff to maintain a fund equal to the number of registered voters in the county; a thousand voters, $1000, 5 thousand voters, 5 thousand bucks, and so on. In the event of a long-duration emergency requiring the sheriff to deputize more than a hundred posse members for an extended period of time, he'd be able to hire them as *paid and sworn law enforcement personnel*- at the rate of $1 per year.

Of course there'd be some voters who'd be unable to participate: some disabled, conscientious objectors, others with farm/ranch obligations and so forth. No matter; each of the sheriff's deputies would in effect become a squad leader, with 10 or a dozen new best buddies there with him to watch his back. And left flank. And the right one. Guards on the local schools, not just when the kids are there and classes are in session, but 24/7...yep. Guards, if needed, for local grocery stores, or gas stations, or the power substations? Yep. Road blocks, especially at the bridges, and at the county line down south, since there's a state prison in the next county down that way. Got it covered. And, of course, with all sorts of levels of experience, and all sorts of former military and civilian world skills, and all with long-term working familiarity and expertise about the local surroundings.

Not a bad idea. Throw in a couple of hundred cheap printed baseball caps and nylon windbreakers, and suddenly, a small-county sheriff is not nearly as understaffed as might be the case in a disaster or other emergency. And all for less than the cost of another patrol car or new weapons for the active deputies.... which might become fundraising projects for the posse, if really needed.

The idea might be workable, with a little fine-tuning, in Indiana as well.

Sweet! I'd say INGO hats, but I don't own the brand. Maybe NRA hats, as we all have five or six of those (more?) lying around.

Largest middle eastern population in one city outside of Baghdad Iraq, is the Detroit Michigan area.
    No problems when your major U.S. Muslim population is surrounded by Michigan Deer Hunters.

I imagine if **** goes down, they will run a pretty ****ing tight ship up there. Sharia police. Their men aren't a bunch of p*ssies like the hipsters all over the USA.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I dunno Afghanistan has been kickin *** a loooooong time now, what are they called again.. oh ya... "Graveyard of Empires".

So far nobody has wanted to even test the theory with us.

It would be worse than Afghanistan for any invader, I'd imagine.

The entire concept of "marksmanship" has been bled white from that culture.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What am I missing? Rome seemed pretty successful in conquering whatever they wanted. The British ruled India until it was no longer able to administer it. America? Hitler was an idiot and didn't listen to his generals. I don't think any of them had the realistic intention of ruling the world. The world is simply to vast a place for one nation to administer.

And then there were vandals.

Yeah the British were beaten by an unarmed populace in India, and an armed rabble in America.

Yes he was, but that is non an excuse.

I believe 10 years worth of former army and Marines would qualify as a large army. And with combat experience.

FIFY, or inactive reserve.

Top Bottom