• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have it on good authority an Appleseed instructor patched using a 4MOA red dot at a KD range. Advise he gave was to use the top or bottom edge of the dot as your "crosshair". Otherwise that big 4 MOA dot will mess with you.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I don't want to be a dick, but it really sucks that they did not include the sizes of the targets.

Without knowing the sizes, the video doesn't tell me anything. That sucks.

FreeFAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I agree Bubba

I would also note that any time I watch video of 5.56 at this range my thoughts mostly center on the low power of that gun at such range. I wouldn't like to get hit at any range, but this seems so much more appropriate for a 308.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah not that this isn't impressive or anything but I would like to see it on man sized targets or man sized silhouettes...

I believe a 1 1/2" high at 50 or 200yrd zero gives you center mass with a hold of chin at 3 top of head at 4 and 2ft overhead at 5. You can see how much it drops off out at 6 with the holds he calls out haha

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I find it interesting that Larry is one of the few "cool guys" that hasn't changed to a variable optic of some type. I mean he's sponsored by Aimpoint so that helps that decision I guess but most of the big names at least get optics to field test. I enjoy Mr. Vickers shows and youtube channel, he knows how to make bullets hit where he wants!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I hate listening to Larry talk but there's no question to the mans skill set. He's an impressive shooter.

Ain't that the truth. The man can make an egg salad recipe sound like a do or die proposition. It's like he's speaking at a middle school convocation about the dangers of smoking.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I would also note that any time I watch video of 5.56 at this range my thoughts mostly center on the low power of that gun at such range. I wouldn't like to get hit at any range, but this seems so much more appropriate for a 308.

Regale us with tales of the things you hit between 300 and 600 yards, while manning a rifle so chambered, and include your thoughts on the performance shortcomings. You'll want to note the bullet used in each instance.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I have it on good authority an Appleseed instructor patched using a 4MOA red dot at a KD range. Advise he gave was to use the top or bottom edge of the dot as your "crosshair". Otherwise that big 4 MOA dot will mess with you.

this was not me however I shot 37 for 40 at atterbury using a aimpoint micro 4 moa dot. I just used 6 O'clock hold and had no problems. I was good out to 300 and I adjusted for 400. didn't get a chance to shoot to 500 with it but I have no doubts I would have been golden there also.

those targets larry was shooting in that video were very large targets imo. A 4 moa dot isn't meant for precision but those targets were not small by any means.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I can only imagine... Was the aimpoint still on it?
    ya it was and they said they shoot it every now and then, i guess you have to be careful not to cut your self on it. but it still looked functional the finish is what impressed me on the rifle most of it was still on the gun after all that i figured the finish would of been destroyed.

Top Bottom