• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Finally got out to shoot the Larue PredaTOBR. This was from 100 yards using Remington .223 55GR soft point (not match grade), off a bag and using a Trijicon 1.25x4 Accupoint. Measuring from hole center to hole center, it's .625". I'm happy!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Finally got out to shoot the Larue PredaTOBR. This was from 100 yards using Remington .223 55GR soft point (not match grade), off a bag and using a Trijicon 1.25x4 Accupoint. Measuring from hole center to hole center, it's .625". I'm happy!

I knew I should have bought it for myself when I had the chance.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Is that scope mounted on the tube??

Yup, Trijicon TR21. 1.25-4 power, 1" tube. Trijicon dropped them I think in 2012 in favor of the TR24 which is a 1-4 and a 30mm tube.

Personally I like the TR21 better, it's a good deal lighter than the 24 and I think the glass gas less "rounding" effect on 1.25 power vs the 1 power on the 24, and IMO the TR21 gathers as much light as the 24 at night.

The TR21 has has 1 downfall and 2 common complaints. The downfall is that the eye relief changes from stupid long at 1.25 power, to managable at 4 power, so increase magnification and you need to change your cheek weld just a touch. The common complaint was the long eye relief, most of the time you need a 3" offset mount if you want to keep the whole mount on the receiver. The second common complaint was that it was a 1.25 power instead of a 1 power. I have a TA44 which is a 1.5 power ACOG, the extra half power doesn't strain your eyes and for commonality, I often leave my TR21 at 1.5 power to match it, so only having 1.25 on the low end IMO isn't a big deal

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Yup, Trijicon TR21. 1.25-4 power, 1" tube. Trijicon dropped them I think in 2012 in favor of the TR24 which is a 1-4 and a 30mm tube.

Personally I like the TR21 better, it's a good deal lighter than the 24 and I think the glass gas less "rounding" effect on 1.25 power vs the 1 power on the 24, and IMO the TR21 gathers as much light as the 24 at night.

The TR21 has has 1 downfall and 2 common complaints. The downfall is that the eye relief changes from stupid long at 1.25 power, to managable at 4 power, so increase magnification and you need to change your cheek weld just a touch. The common complaint was the long eye relief, most of the time you need a 3" offset mount if you want to keep the whole mount on the receiver. The second common complaint was that it was a 1.25 power instead of a 1 power. I have a TA44 which is a 1.5 power ACOG, the extra half power doesn't strain your eyes and for commonality, I often leave my TR21 at 1.5 power to match it, so only having 1.25 on the low end IMO isn't a big deal
    Thanks for the info. It's just hard to imagine a high precision rifle with the glass mounted on the tube. Then again, all of my optics $$$ is spent on Aimpoints and EOTechs so what do I know? :dunno:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Does your RAT stock lock up tight? I'd assume that coming on a LaRue built rifle that it would, but I have one and it loose on all of my receiver extensions. It's the only thing I've bought from LaRue that hasn't been "best in class."

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Does your RAT stock lock up tight? I'd assume that coming on a LaRue built rifle that it would, but I have one and it loose on all of my receiver extensions. It's the only thing I've bought from LaRue that hasn't been "best in class."

Yes it does. If you're having problems with yours, you should contact them. Their slogan is "We're not happy until you're happy". Lets see if that is true.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    There's a thread going in the LaRue industry forum on arfcom, but it seems that it mostly pertains to LaRue rifles that have loose fitting RAT stocks. I'm checking it from time to time to see if he addresses the aftermarket.

Sloppy RATS - AR15.COM

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    Just had the pleasure of handling this tonight--fantastic weapon overall with the trigger being the crown jewel of its components

Top Bottom