• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tackdriver47371

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Jay County
    Well put, I guess I hadn't thought of it like that. When I look at my gun I ponder how to make it better. But after all it is truly myself who needs to become better......

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I have a Laser-max on one of the XDs I own. It works great, no problems. I also have a couple of revolvers with Crimson Trace. They also work great. No problems. That being said I could get along just fine without any of them.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I installed one in my Sig 220 Elite. I kept it for about a year and then pulled it back out and gave it away here on INGO.

They are not user adjustable. You have to send the weapon and guide rod back in to have the factory make adjustments. Blow back and residue from firing build up rapidly on the laser. I also had to remove the factory take down pin (metal) and replace it with the plastic replacement pin.

The on/off switch in the pin is not intuitive and difficult to operate.

I have no problems with the Crimson Trace products, but would never spend the money for a laser guide rod.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had one on my G27. It saw little use with the number of rounds through the handgun and then it started becoming dim and sporatic once I began using it more and started practicing more.

I sent it back to the factory and since it was more than a few years old, even though it had seen little use, the told me that the best they could do was to replace it for half price, which was still like $150. Can't remember the full details, but wasn't interested in spending this much for something that may not be reliable again. I had spent the full $279 when I first order it in the early 2000's, maybe 2003. The internet wasn't as prevalent and I wasn't as into guns at that point.

I will say that I prefer the internal ones to external lasers, but I'd recommend a nice set of night sights and practice like others have mentioned.

:twocents:

Top Bottom