• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crossfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    If you want to add another $200+ for a C.T. but if what you are shooting is far enough away you need a laser that will be the last thing you'll shoot because the local prosecutor will make sure to press charges

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012

I believe he said C.T as in "Cat Toy" don't know why he had to abbreviate that though, not many people would be able to figure it out, It took me awhile, I had to think of "cats" and my pen laser lol
    I don't agree with the last part either though. Low light and TAq are uses for handgun lasers.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I believe he said C.T as in "Cat Toy" don't know why he had to abbreviate that though, not many people would be able to figure it out, It took me awhile, I had to think of "cats" and my pen laser lol
    I don't agree with the last part either though. Low light and TAq are uses for handgun lasers.

CT is Crimson Trace, but I think Rookie is scratching his head at the absurdity of the rest of the post.

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I have the Lasermax on my LC9, and I like it. Especially in the home at night......However, I have mine sighted dead on. Not an inch below as recommended in the article

Anyone else? How do you yours sighted?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have them on this one. The only time I've ever used them was during the sight adjustment, have mine sighted dead on at close range, 25 feet. They're nice, but probably won't invest in laser grips again for future pistols. I also have the tritium sights on this one, which are really nice and I would probably opt for tritium sights over the laser grips in the future:

DSC_5186.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I only have a laser on my carry pistol. I find it useful for close in work, like my house.
    Going around corners I don't like to have my gun extended out for someone to grab.
    The laser gives me a dot on target, whether the sights are in line with the mk1 eyeball or not.

I prefer the sights for anything not at super close range, ie not in my house.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Laser on a home defense gun makes a lot of sense. I wear prescription glasses. If I get up in the middle of the night I won't have my glasses on. No way to see my night sights but I can still see a red dot.

Just keep in mind that the laser is not a replacement for a good set of sights. It is something that could be used in addition to them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Laser on a home defense gun makes a lot of sense. I wear prescription glasses. If I get up in the middle of the night I won't have my glasses on. No way to see my night sights but I can still see a red dot.

Just keep in mind that the laser is not a replacement for a good set of sights. It is something that could be used in addition to them.

Might wanna keep glasses nearby. You still need to ID target. Prosecutor may have a ball with being able to see.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville

This^^ Because apparently my body said EFF YOU when I turned 30 and I am now near sighted. Use to have better than 20/20.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Might wanna keep glasses nearby. You still need to ID target. Prosecutor may have a ball with being able to see.

I can still ID the target. Just might not be able to see the front sight clearly. Point is there is really no negative to having the laser. They are not however essential. I do have one on a J-frame and I think they work well on snubs. I do not have one on my main carry gun. I do have one on a dedicated home defense gun along with a StreamLight TLR-1.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RedThunder
    Never had one, but that laser that replaces the guide rod in the glocks seem interesting. I'm too focused on gaining a sight picture to "look around" for a laser spot. That would get me killed. Just my thoughts.
    That's why training is a good thing.

According to IPD, they bought 200 of those guide rod lasers. after several broke and no warranty replacement they returned them to ITP. Thats why I purchased the laserlyte rear sight laser.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    im not a big fan of lasers, there not a bad idea if there built into the guild rod or the grip of frame, i dont like the bulky ones though, more then likely if you use your gun your not going to use your laser.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Especially on a carry gun. Give yourself every advantage. I can understand if the owner can't afford a laser grip but, if you can, get one.

Top Bottom