• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    Somehow, I suspect that you're not eager to go sending a whole box of 300+ grain Garrett loads or reload equivalents from that little monster.

No, not a pistol you want to put to many hot loads through. I have put some of my reloads down range and the recoil is not bad and surprisingly accurate, shoots a nice fireball out. Just ordered a custom leather holster and plan on adding this little beast to my carry line up

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Finally got an Accura V2 LR from CVA. It is amazing. Takes black powder out of the past and has features you won't find on a LOT of modern centerfire rifles. It's a beast. I haven't tried too much in the way of low power loads, but it handles hunting loads and magnum loads with ease. I love it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    View attachment 52298 View attachment 52299 Well here she is folks as requested. Looking forward to getting up to the Winamac FWA to shoot her.

You weren't kidding it looks LNIB!
    I had no idea that Marlin made a run of their 1894 in .22 Magnum.
    I'm assuming that it doesn't have a load gate and loads with the tubular magazine follower withdrawn and the ammo loaded into the tube the cutout, right?
    Oh wait, I believe I see the loading cutout after taking a second look.
    That little beauty is a real collector's item, plus it was made in Marlin's glory days.
    I know that I cherish my 1984 manufactured 39A, a real thing of beauty and craftsmanship.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Yes you are correct it does load at the tube like a 39A. As I understand it the receiver however is the Marlin 1894 platform VS the 39A series platform. I am a Marlin collector and found this beauty for sale on the Marlin owners Forum from another Marlin collectors collection. Like you... I had no idea Marlin had ever made a 1894 in .22mag. until I say this one.I am real happy with it.:)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Fri was a H&R 38 S&W and today was a S&W 5946 from online Gander Mt. I'm hoping its what they say it is on the S&W forum that it was made in 2014.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Newest was a Rugerican American Rimfire .22lr. Great squirrel gun with my Gemtech Alpine suppressor on it!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Russian VEPR, Kinda fitting with the snow on the ground now....

VEPR2.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Performance Center Smith & Wesson M17 Classic.

Bought it from Indy Arms in Indianapolis as present to myself for Christmas.

Shot the snot of it today at Applied Ballistics in Lafayette.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Finally got an Accura V2 LR from CVA. It is amazing. Takes black powder out of the past and has features you won't find on a LOT of modern centerfire rifles. It's a beast. I haven't tried too much in the way of low power loads, but it handles hunting loads and magnum loads with ease. I love it.

I bought the original Accura when the V2 was coming out. Cabelas had them on clearance for $280 for the stainless barrel. The biggest difference is the V2 has the quick breach. It shoots great with 2 White Hots and 240 gr PowerBelt hollow points. Plus it is so easy to clean!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up a Colt Government 9mm 1911 for Christmas. So far, with close to 200 rounds through it, it's been great. It will be the basis for a project eventually, but until then, will just be a plinker. Love shooting 1911s and this will let me shoot more for the same money.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I was fortunate and blessed enough that I was able to buy a few last year without having to sell anything to do it. The last one I bought was a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in .44 magnum. Hopefully it shoots as good as it looks and it will be in the woods with me next fall.

Top Bottom