• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I have had more than a few dealings with the guys there. I have always been helped and they have always been more than friendly. I dont wear a hat sideways and my pants are always pulled up, I also keep my shoes tied and I remove tags from clothing before wearing them. I have sent several friends there for stuff as well and they have all had good dealings. I have had them transfer stuff and order stuff for me also. I would also like to know what your dealings were and why the sad face!?

^^^THIS^^^
    Kids and even grown men dress like this and expect to be taken seriously.

LEF=Good guys to deal with and would recommend!

RangeMaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    So, no explanation about what happened? As a new buyer in the market I would love to hear the story. I have not been in there but I am always looking for a new place to go.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I've been there several times myself and never had a problem.
    I'm sorry but I put zero credit in someone who's first post is a bashing thread and they can't be bothered to provide any details.
    I started going going there after TSG went under and have no problems.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I was there in late December. Staff was polite. Shop could use some work. Inventory was small but so was everyone's at that time.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this gun shop? It is located on S. Shelby St. in Inianapolis. If you have not dealt with them, do yourself a favor and don't start. If anyone has done business with these guys and been screwed over...let me know!:ingo:
    This appears to have been a drive by bashing.:rolleyes:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If it's the guys I think it is, I do believe my wife bought her PPK/S from them at the 1500 some years ago. She was satisfied with the deal she got and with her gun. No issue here.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Looks like this back fired on the OP. I never heard of the store but I plan to check it out next time Im in Indy. I hate when someone bashes a place or a group and cant or wont back it up.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am having my new M1 Carbine transferred thru there, hopefully I pick it up today.

They actually have ARs in stock last I saw.

I like the fact that...
    They don't need (OR WANT) notification that your having a gun sent to them for transfer. (This really eases this pain in the arse for this process)

They actually will ship a transfer out for you if you want.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am guessing this may have been a personal pick or grudge looking at the OP's two days of posts and never being back. IMPD politics probably.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    This thread the OP started may have a lot to do with another thread he started.
    Does anyone know of or would recommend a good attorney that either deals with firearm cases and/or is a gun owner, avid shooter, etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to possibly looking to give one some work. Also, this would be for a civil case, not a criminal case. Thanks.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Anyway LE firearms just called. My M1 Carbine is HERE!

I'm excited for you! That's a real piece of history. And I'll tell ya what: it still fit's right in today!

I bought one this summer, and I just love it. I use it every excuse I get. :):

You're gonna have a real good time. Enjoy! :rockwoot:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Went in, painless and quick transfer. Thanks! +1 to LE FIREARMS for making something other FFLs make a pain in the arse, painless!

His stock looks like it does turn over quite a bit, he had a bunch of different stuff in there from last time. A couple AKs, and an AR or two.

He was helping someone put together an AR.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just think, after 44 more "worthwhile" posts, the OP can cruise the classifieds and buy from other members...might not hurt to remember this thread if you do business with him.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just think, after 44 more "worthwhile" posts, the OP can cruise the classifieds and buy from other members...might not hurt to remember this thread if you do business with him.

I don't think he wants to do that, I think it's someone who came on the forum just to cause some trouble with LE firearms over some personal pick or quarrel.

They had a few posts over a few days and never came back. Hence the phrase "drive by"

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    After reading the unsubstantiated criticism on this thread, I stopped in there yesterday. Very nice folks, just not much inventory. I wish them well.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I thought I would chime in. This thread was brought to my attention a few days ago by another member. As most of you know I am rather to busy to get on here often. My desk has 3 feet of paperwork to be filed and another pile of 4473s that I need to go through and file. But since this go so much chatter going I will take a stab at who this is and what his problem is.

As far as I can tell Adam called the store in early January looking for an AR-15. At that time we were selling every gun we had as fast and we could do the paperwork. As many of you know I hold an 07 license and for years have been custom building guns for people. Most of our business is AR-15s, when Greg worked for me he liked to build Remington 700s so we used to do a little of that and a few 870s.

Adam came into the store, I have never met him before and I don't know him. He claimed to be a Law Enforcement Officer from another local county and wanted an AR-15. I have talked to my clerk and as far as I can tell it went something like this. Adam asked for a Smith AR. He was told we sold the last on on the shelf just before he came in, but that we could BUILD him one as we had the parts in the back. (If I recall we had one left in the safe)
    (I would like to note that I am not sure if he was the customer that I told that to or not, I do remember the conversation but we were rather busy).
    Either way it goes I really try to tell everyone that buys a gun from me that we custom build our guns and cover the warranty in the shop.
    Moving on.
    Adam was sold a gun we built with a Smith lower. When he got home he called the store and complained that we did not give him a manual. It was explained to him that we don't give manuals with the gun because that drives to cost up and that all the information he needed was available online.
    Adam then called back the next day while I was not there and talked to Tony. As far as I can tell the jist of the conversation was that Adam had called Smith and found out the receiver had left them as a receiver and not a fun gun. Adam felt that he had been deceived by my store. Adam stated that he had already called the ATF to complain that we were building illegal guns in the back of the store and that he wanted his money back.
    Later in the day I called Adam my self and talked to him.
    After I identified myself Adam began a tirade about how we were doing illegal gun building in the back of the store and that we were telling lies to the customers. Adam felt that we should be investigated because if we would lie about the gun what other criminal things would we be doing.
    I asked Adam if there was something wrong with the gun. He told me NO. I asked him if he wanted to return the gun, and he said NO. I told him that if there was nothing wrong with it and he did not want to return it I did not know what I could do to help him. He said "it is a new gun and it is what I want. I don't want to return it".
    I ended the phone conversation and considered the matter closed.
    The next day again when I was not in the store he again called and began yelling at Tony and saying he was going to sue us. He also said that he was going to come to the store the next day and return the gun.
    I made it a point to be in the shop when he came in and returned the gun. Adam came in with another unidentified individual. Adam stated that he wanted to return the gun. I asked him if there was a problem with the gun, he said "no" it was just not what he wanted. I then asked Adam if there was something about the gun that he did not like. Adam said the take down pins were to tight. (on a side note I will admit that the pins were tighter then normal on that gun, however this is not a problem that I can't fix).
    I told Adam that if we wanted to return the gun there would be a 20% restocking fee. This fee have always been our policy and is posted in the store.
    I refunded Adam's card and while I was doing that I heard the unidentified companion state that Adam should check his card right sway because I might not actually refund the money. I gave Adam a refund receipt that showed the refund and told him it might take his card 2-3 days before the refund showed on the card.

It is my opinion that Adam ran out and spent more money then he could afford to buy a gun that he knew nothing about. He then got home and showed a friend that told him we had ripped him off. He then took this to heart and got upset. That is the only way I can understand that when I called him he told me he wanted to keep it and later he wanted to return in.
    I will also admit that out prices are changing with the demand. I am treating commodity items as such and changing the prices with them.

On a side note for some of the other comments, Yes, the store needs work. Time is not one my side I am always busy.

Yes, I would love to have more inventory. I went to order handguns this week and Davidson's (one of my wholesalers) only had 4 semi auto guns in stock and all were .22s.

Keep in mind that I prefer to sell used guns. Anyone can pick up the phone and order a new gun (normally) I don't really see the point to stock hundreds of new guns that the warehouse keeps in stock. That is hurting me right now.

Yes, we are in a bad neighborhood. But, we are in a better neighborhood then when I bought the building. We chased 3 drug dealers off the block and you don't see nearly as many prostitutes walking up and down the street.

Last but not least I will say don't be fooled by the police car out side. My business is a business. I try to be fair and offer deals but I am still in business to make money. If you come in with the attitude that I should give you a discount I will simply ask if you would like to take a pay cut at your job.

Thanks to all of my customers that supported me in this and thanks to those that stopped by to check us out.

If you have any questions as always shoot me an email. Don't PM me I usually have forgotten my password here and can't get logged in on my iphone.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom