• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I believe the IC refers to laws passed by the legislature. The IAC are the rules/regulations passed by various agencies empowered by the IC. Compare to the USC and CFR. IANAL

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    So in the instance of carrying a gun during the State Fair. The Administrative code says that you cannot carry during the fair, if you do it can be confiscated. So this Administrative code gives law enforcement the power to confiscate the gun. Can the gun be kept indefinitely or does law enforcement have to return it at some point?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So in the instance of carrying a gun during the State Fair. The Administrative code says that you cannot carry during the fair, if you do it can be confiscated. So this Administrative code gives law enforcement the power to confiscate the gun. Can the gun be kept indefinitely or does law enforcement have to return it at some point?

There is a specific IC Code which deals with disposing of seized firearms. Normally, they must be returned to the lawful owner per IC 35-47-3 unless they are an instrumentality of a crime or the person is prohibited from possessing them. I believe that is the code which would apply.

Best,

Joe

Top Bottom