• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I'm down in Florida visiting my brother. He has an LC9 that he thought the sights were off. He ordered a 9mm laser pointer shell and it came in today. Surprisingly the laser matched up with the factory frame mounted laser within an inch or so at 25 feet. However when sighting with the standard sights it is about 5-6" low. All this is strictly visual, no shooting.
    Are the sights on the LC9 a known issue? Are height adjustable sights available for the LC9?
    For fun we also checked his S&W model 39 and my XDs. On both of those the laser shell lined up with the gun sights.

Thanks, Matt

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    My brother told me that poi was way off from sights and that's why he bought the bore laser. He hadn't used the gun mounted laser as he can't see it in bright daylight conditions he's been shooting in.

Matt

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I don't own an LC9. I have shot a couple though and didn't notice the sights being off too awfully bad. I have owned a number of fixed sight pistols that had a different POI than the POA. It's just a matter of either figuring out where to hold or trying some different sights (I don't have a recommendation). If it is shooting low, he could also file away at the height of the front sight little by little until his POA and POI match the way he would like.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Your selection of ammo can affect the POI. Midway has 9mm ammo with bullet weights from 80 grain to 158 grain. Try the standard and +P 115, 124, and 147 grain to see if one weight has a closer POI \ POA.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    My LC9 is perfectly accurate and I have not needed to make any adjustments to the sights at all. I was able to pass an FBI qual course with it, which will also hone your reloading skills as it was a 50rd. course with 7rd mags. I did find that the gun likes 147gr. and is markedly more accurate at longer distances using a heavier bullet. It was not always this way though. It took a ton of practice to really get to know the gun well. When the gun was new to me, I was all over the map with it. I do a ton of dry fire practice regularly as well as a lot of range time with it. Dry fire practice made the ultimate difference. Smaller pistols like this will significantly magnify even the slightest flaws in your fundamentals. I say practice like crazy for a while. If after that things haven't improved, it may be a gun problem. For right now, I'm goin with practice makes perfect. Work on your fundamentals with lazer focus.

red0801

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2015
    Wakarusa
    Are the sights on the LC9 a known issue? Are height adjustable sights available for the LC9?

I have a LC9 & I've probably put 1000 rounds of varying ammo through it. I have noticed that my LC9 (& my SR9) doesn't have the same accuracy (25-40yds) with ammos such as Federal Champion, Perfecta & MagTech. But I have found that I get amazing accuracy with Sellier & Bellot 9mm 115 Grain (Sellier & Bellot Pistol 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ 50 rounds - 85649, 9mm Ammo at Sportsman's Guide) & Ruger ARX 80 Grain (PolyCase, Ruger 9mm, 80 Grain, ARX, 25 Rounds - 663558, 9mm Ammo at Sportsman's Guide). I absolutely love this gun!

Top Bottom