• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rellik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Ok so I am really becoming a huge ruger fan. I have been carrying a sr9c (iwb at 3 oclock) and a lc9 (strongside in front pocket) for around a year now. I also carry a spare mag for both on my left side. With winter coming on quick Ive been thinking about picking up an lcr 357 for carry.

I often find myself at somebodies house and wanting to a little plinking. I dont ever use my cc guns in these situations cause the ammo cost so much (hornady critical defense). I also dont wanna just leave a couple hundred rounds of 9mm ball ammo in the truck for said plinking situations nor do I wanna leave a .22 in the truck at all times either.

The idea I have is to buy a lcr 357 and carry at 3 oclock and a lcr 22 and carry it in a lefthand holster at 9 0clock. I wouldnt be carrying any extra ammo on me but I figure if I used all the 357 i would have a lil 22 for backup or a just the 22 if I ever needed to toss my spare to somebody (ya never know). If i was to this i wouldnt have any hesitation to leave a brick of 22 ammo in the truck so I could always plink whenever i wanted and at the same time get alot more practice with my cc platform save for the recoil.

Now my question to you all is, does this seem like a viable solution or a wackjob idea?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like a great idea to me.

I've shot the LCR in .38 and like it. I've only read that the 22 isn't as light on trigger pull because it has to smash rimfires reliably. You can ivestigate that one for yourself.

I still want one.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I also dont wanna just leave a couple hundred rounds of 9mm ball ammo in the truck for said plinking situations

Why?

You can buy a whole lotta plinking 9mm ammo for what it costs for two new revolvers. If you want new guns, by all means buy new guns, but if its really just to have plinking ammo why not carry ammo in the truck?

Top Bottom