• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    If any of y'all find something else referenced in that manual or need more info, please let me know and I can try to find it for ya.

Ted - forgive me, but that wasn't in purple and I'm not sure what you meant by it?

OK - quick update... after glancing through this, I'm a little concerned. While this stuff is a compilation of things written or compiled by LDS members, I'm not sure that it's "Official Mormon Stuff".. The info in here is probably great info for prepping. But anything that touts itself as something that it is not, is suspect, in my opinion.

I'll have to flip through more of it before I can say for sure.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    After some further reading, yes this is written and compiled by Mormons. And yes it is designed for their use. But no, this is not a church publication. Just to keep things clear.

88GT - The "Ward/Stake Leadership" one is designed to be a help to leaders of a local congregation (aka a "ward") or an area of them (aka a "Stake") That's just the lingo that is used. FOr personal use - the stuff in the personal would likely be more applicable. For group/community use - the other one might have some stuff that's applicable.

Again - from a first glance, this appears to be a compilation of good information from (arguably) some of the harder core preppers amongst the Mormons. It does NOT appear to be an official church publication. As with any group - there's a spectrum of folks involved. Some are more focused in certain areas than others.

EDIT - I flipped through some more of it, and it contains really good info - mixed with a lot of hype and hyperbole. If you can filter that stuff out - as the OP pointed out - there's some good info in there.

If any of you ever wish to get information (especially the official kind) I can probably be pretty helpful. Just PM me and I'll do my best. As a general rule, the Mormons are pretty quick to share and swap info and ideas with people on topics where there's a mutual interest. Prepping being one example. Geneology being another.

Last edited:

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    ArmedProgrammer -- Thanks, for the clarification... I really posted as another reference source, and feel the comms section is a good beginner 'primer'. -- Greg

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Ted - forgive me, but that wasn't in purple and I'm not sure what you meant by it?

It means the same thing as you saying something and then rolling your eyes.

I was just too lazy to do the work of putting the text in purple.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Again - from a first glance, this appears to be a compilation of good information from (arguably) some of the harder core preppers amongst the Mormons. It does NOT appear to be an official church publication. As with any group - there's a spectrum of folks involved. Some are more focused in certain areas than others.

When I downloaded this LDS manual a couple of years ago, that is exactly what it states on the first page.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    In any case of whether it's official or unofficial I bought a paperback copy of the book and I'm glad that I did. I'm getting to the piont where I want to have an actual physical book in my hand for anything I intend to learn from post SHTF.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got stacks of 3 ring binders full of articles on just about everything. Sometimes it's nice to have a book where everything of glued in there and I think it was less than $10 at the time so it wasn't a big deal at all.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Many of the articles are sources from SurvivalBlog.com. It is a collection of good info. I skipped over a bunch of the doctrinal religious teachings that conflict with my views.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Many of the articles are sources from SurvivalBlog.com. It is a collection of good info. I skipped over a bunch of the doctrinal religious teachings that conflict with my views.

Asshattery fail. You're supposed to whine and complain that people who share a different view of the world would dare to put it into a publication that they are responsible for creating.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Asshattery fail. You're supposed to whine and complain that people who share a different view of the world would dare to put it into a publication that they are responsible for creating.

asshat.jpg

Please forgive me for my tolerance.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

+1

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom