• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The seed has been planted. I hope I am wrong.

If i had to hazard a guess, the EPA is well aware of the low bioavailablity of lead from projectiles.

Here we go again, awb round 2 without the legislation even.

EPA is taking action on many fronts to address major sources of lead in our society, such as eliminating childhood exposures to lead; however, EPA was not and is not considering taking action on whether the lead content in hunting ammunition poses an undue threat to wildlife.

"was not and is not considering" is the operative phrase here.

I won't go as far to give the NRA all of the credit but the EPA's rejection of the petition follows the NRA's rationale for rejection. This was just good application of common sense.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    Those out there that fear even the sight of a firearm are welling to do whatever it takes to get responsible firearm owners to lay down our guns. They will produce false scientific reports that say how we(gun owners) are destroying nature. I heard a few weeks ago that the president of Mexico spoke to washington urging them to place a new ban on firearms. He stated that the firearms used in the drug war were from the U.S. The guns used there were full-auto and bought from the "black market" or were stolen from military bases. There is no limit to what anti-gun activist will use to stop the use of all firearms. I say we make sure we know who to vote for in November and spread the word to others who enjoy the freedom to own a gun.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    This issue crops up every 5-7 years and every time the EPA backs down knowing they cannot prove than lead ammo poses a threat past what it does in waterfowl. They know the water runoff from ranges does not contain lead, it is not leaching into the water tables, etc. These lawsuits are brought by various eco terrorist groups and the EPA won't back any of them to date.

rebr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    i would have to say that this doesn't seem like a plot to ban bullets. it may arise from ignorance about shooting and ammo, but truly crazy environmentalists don't really care about people shooting other people. i would wager that their main thought process is, "people are hurling lead everywhere. that can't be good."

Top Bottom