• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abmears

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the leatherman mut? If so, do you know of any stores that carry them? And are they worth the hefty price tag?

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Don't know about the mut, but I've carried a Leatherman PST ll for years and love it. When I found out it was discontinued, I found another one, bought it, and stashed it so I would have a backup one if I ever lost mine. That's how much I think of it.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I still have the PST I bought in 1983 from Early Winters, however every model I have seen since then has been well thought out and worth the money. One of these days I will upgrade...but not till my PST breaks...

I would say if you want the Mut then buy one...I doubt you will regret it.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    That MUT looks really nice. I mostly use the Gerber military issued ones simply because my active duty relative has kept me in good supply of them. Looks like a really nice piece of gear!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Does it bother you at all that the owner of Leatherman is totally anti-gun?

I have never heard this before. we were issued all kinds of leathermans in the army and the mut is made specifically for guns. not saying your wrong because i definitely don't know, but for someone who is anti gun they caters to the gun community alot. so if thats the case he must not really care about his beliefs either way.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    Does it bother you at all that the owner of Leatherman is totally anti-gun?

I didn't know if he is anti-gun, but he did come out an support Obama in 2008. Matter of fact, I sent him an email telling him I loved his products but did not think it was cool to say him company was openingly supporting his presidency. We exchanged several emails, and he saw some of my views and I his.

His products are also sold by many pro-gun companies so if he is biting the hand that is feeding him, he will learn sooner or later.

Politics aside, his company makes a great product and their warranty service is great. I sent in a Supertool that I dropped on a fire scene into a basement full of water and found it a week later. It rested solid on some of the tools even though I bathed it in oil. They sent me a new one within a week of receiving it.

Top Bottom