• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Was wondering if anyone has any input on leatherwood scopes. Looking at buying a 2-7×32 w/ bdc reticle for my mosin project. Seems to meet all the criteria, that being has a 8-14" eye relief. I need the long eye relief since im not wanting to drill and tap the reciever and buy a bent bolt at this time. Reviews seem good, but id rather hear from someone on here weather its worth the $160 or not. Thanks

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No on the brass stacker. Im using a rail from rock solid which eliminates the original fixed sights. Im not worried abour see thru as its basically going to be a plinker. Im wanting to see how far out I can reach just target shooting. I put the archangel stock on with a bipod and am hoping with the scope to gobbeyond 200 yards accurately consisitently

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    There is the old Leatherwood and the new. I have one of the "new", circa 2005. It was functional but overall pretty low in quality (this was one of the ART models). There was something hanging down around the edge of the reticle in view from the time it was new (poor QC). I used it for 3-4 years, until it lost zero in a padded case during a trip to a hunting location.

So yeah, it's probably worth $160, which is pretty cheap for a scope. But I'd go low end Nikon, Bushnell, or Vortex first.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thanks for the info. Just seemed like my only option for a eye relief of 10" guess I'll keep looking

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I used the Leatherwood ART II on a M14 while in the army quite often. (1980-1987) It worked great once you got it zeroed. Zeroing was often a PITA. I think Leatherwood purchased off the shelf 3-9 Redfield scopes and installed them on their own base system. As stated they worked well but I think there are better options these days.

Top Bottom