• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    I just finished up a simple calculator that will produce charge weights for the LEE Auto Disk powder measure for a given powder based off of Lee's data.It will also provide the volume (cc) for a desired charge and also give you which disks to use for a double disk set up.

6881512678_e1e8cf679e_o.jpg

Simply choose your powder by using the drop down list and the calculator will populate that powder's VMD and charge weights for the various auto disk volumes.

Input your desired charge and it will give you the volume required and also what double disks to use.

Here is the online flash version (no download required):

http://home.comcast.net/~j_colt123/LeeAutoDiskCalc.htm

The calculator can also be downloaded as an Excel 2007 file HERE

I take no responsibility for any issues or inaccuracies you may have when using this calculator. The calculator will produce APPROXIMATE values. Charges should still be weighed to ENSURE they are correct.

I've also been teaching myself how to write android apps, so I might try to make this into one in the near future. It would be even handier for those of use with android phones as we almost always have our phone nearby. Give me time though, my android coding skills are very weak.

Last edited:

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    Awesome you just saved me a ton of work just got my lee load master and was reading the auto disk sheet and was going to make this spreadsheet calculator but now i don't have to. Now for a trip to the gun shop for components. And to put this calculator to work.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Excellent! This will save a lot of wear and tear on my Modern Reloading manual looking up the disk combos! Repd.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    OP - When I put in my powder and charge weight it does not give me the Disks to use. It says #N/A. What am I doing wrong?

Everything else populates except the disks.

The android app would be awesome. I was just thinking that this would be nice on the loading bench but I probably won't have my computer up there. So the android app would really work nice.

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    OP - When I put in my powder and charge weight it does not give me the Disks to use. It says #N/A. What am I doing wrong?

Everything else populates except the disks.

The android app would be awesome. I was just thinking that this would be nice on the loading bench but I probably won't have my computer up there. So the android app would really work nice.

if the volume is under .60cc, the double disk fields will not populate

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    I fixed an issue the online version had with some of the powders producing the wrong VMD when selected. It seems the reference data somehow got mixed up when I converted it to flash. I've checked each individually and they are all now correct.

My appologies to anyone who used it already and had inaccurate results with charge weights.

Last edited:

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I just started reloading with a Lee Turret Press and this online tool was very useful. However, I am now getting nothing except...

HTTP Status 404 -
    type Status report
    description The requested resource () is not available.

Is there any chance of getting this resource fixed so it is accessible? It would be much appreciated!

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    If it is based off Lee's numbers, it will also be off one or two disks with almost every single powder.
    And, your computer has a built-in calculator, also.
    If you use the Lee Auto-Disk, you should keep track of the disk volume and the charge thrown. Take the charge weight and divide by the CC number and get the conversion factor. Multiply the next CC by the conversion factor and get a good estimate for the charge weight using your lot of powder. Keep records.
    My disks/lot of powder gave me the following:
    231/HP38 10.2 gn/cc
    540/HS6 14.1 gn/cc
    AA2 11.8 gn/cc
    AA5 14.6 gn/cc
    Clays 6.6 gn/cc
    Herco 7.8 gn/cc
    Power Pistol 11.1 gn/cc
    Red Dot 6.4 gn/cc
    Trail Boss 4.3 gn/cc
    Unique 7.9 gn/cc
    WAP/Silhouette 13.3 gn/cc