• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    I've got a ton of brass I want to reuse again for my 1911. I'm not looking to make 100 rounds a day, just something to do when I'm bored. Anyways, will the rounds I make with the Lee Loader be okay to shoot in my 1911? I have a Hornady loader book so I have that covered.

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    uhhhh if reloaded properly yes. can you elaborate a bit more? what loader, what other tools components etc.... several strings including very recent ones are going over exactly what it takes to get started you may want to check these out.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    If you are talking about the "whack-a-mole" set, .45 ACP does not go well with that set. Talk to Andrew at Profire, he will get you on the right track.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    used a Lee Loader for years for 22 Hornet and 8mm.....as long as they pass the barrel drop in test you should be good to go....

S3010374.jpg

Last edited:

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    Good afternoon.
    The Lee Classic Loader works very well with bolt action rifles and bottle necked cases. The semiauto pistols are more touchy. Save a few more dollars, and get a press and a set of dies and a scale and powder measure. That will load fully functional rounds with the least amount of grief. You never regret doing it correctly. DennyMac

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    The Lee Loader will without a doubt make excellent ammo in 45 ACP. In some calibers it does take some effort to resize the cases. If you do the sizing and priming all at once say with 50 or 100 rounds it will go alot faster.

I still use my Lee Loaders at times at the range or just to bring back memories from decades past.

Wish I could get Lee Loaders in all the calibers I reload for, but it is what it is.

Top Bottom