• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I really like my turret press. Really easy to use and cost effective. I was looking at it today while I was loading some .223 and wondered what happens to all the spent primers once you de-cap your case. Well they all fall into the unknow under the press with no way to getthem out without un bolting the press(which I had to do, No fun). I thought to myself that was not a very good design for getting rid of the spent primers. So I measured were the press was, took a 2' hole saw and cut a hole all the way through the bench. Then I took an old jar the GF had in the kitchen and cut a hole in the metal lid the same diameter as whats in the bench. I screwed the metal lid to the wood bench and then screwed the jar back on. Now when you re-size and de-cap the brass, the spent primer falls into the removable jar and just throw them away. Im sure you vetran reloaders already knew this but i figured id post it for some of the new reloaders like myself:D

Here is the metal jar lid with the hole cut the same size as the hole in the wood (2" diameter) then screwed to the bottom of the bench. The red part is the bottom of the press were the spent primers fall through.

001.jpg

After it fills up just unscrew it an empty the jar in the trash:yesway:

002-2.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Great idea +1 to you.
    fyi primers are usually brass, I have a bucket I throw all the junk brass, trimmings, and primers in. when its full I take it to the scrap yard

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Lee Turret Press 'primer drain'. For years now, I have a hole cut under the press, with a length of automotive heater hose fastened inside the hole. The other end of the hose drains into an old cardboard powder keg. Lee Powder Funnel...I have one attached to a wooden stand. So when I check powder charges while reloading, I can dump the powder from the scale pan into the funnel with one hand while I hold a primed case in the bottom of the funnel with the other hand.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks everybody. ill keep that in mind Red thanks for the heads up. The mini vaccum works too:D. I thought about the heater hose idea or some sort of hose. but I for some reason was hell bent on installing that jar:laugh:

Top Bottom