• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The only two self-loaders that eject left that I am aware of are the Walther Models 3 and 4.

Can anyone name any others?

*Note: for work, if you are LEO may not want to answer.

TIA!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not by design, but I had a Glock 26 that would put them up and to the left-ish slightly. I stimulated the ejector so it would go up and to the right-ish.

I cant think of any that are designed for specific left ejection, nor find any in the Gun Digest of 2012.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well both of those 1911s I mentioned do, but were mirrored designs built specifically to do so. I can't think of another pistol, but the JR carbines allow you to choose which side of the weapon you wish to have the brass eject.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Pretty much any semi-auto can eject on the left depending on how you hold it. :):

mqdefault.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We may get there (especially if the State's star witness was shooting gangster sideways), but let's just say I say I am dealing with a younger professional witness with a combination of "I am the only trained professional in fireams that knows that all pistols eject right" and "respect my author-i-tay". Four decades in the gun culture and I learn new stuff everyday, but Supercop learned it all at the ILEA.:D

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So if'n the testimony is that "so n so shooter must be standing in this spot when firing a weapon if the cases landed here", wouldn't it be relatively easy to prove that by angling any given firearm you can manipulate the trajectory of the ejectoree?

A righty turning a glock (and others) counter clockwise a bit could send cases left.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My little Beretta Bobcat was fond of bouncing them off my forehead. :rolleyes:

With a pistol, does it really make as much difference as it does with a rifle? (Not being a southpaw I'm just asking, here.)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    With a pistol, does it really make as much difference as it does with a rifle?

Yes, because it depends on where CSI thinks people were standing and the assumptions they make about how firearms work.

I am fairly shocked that someone would dig themselves into such a hole passed on so little experience.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I think Charter made some at one point (nix that, they were lefty revolvers). Also the Walther P5 series. Falcon Arms Portsider. Add the Sig 250 to the list, it is convertible (appears this is a custom order only).
    Found this article from http://www.forcescience.org/index.html that seems to pertain explicitly to your issue Kirk http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bMYYOA3PanMJ:www.forcescience.org/fsinews/2005/06/findings-are-now-firm-ejected-shell-casings-cant-reliably-tell-much-about-a-shooters-location/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us (It's cached, not from their site. I assume they want paid or something)

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I think Charter made some at one point (nix that, they were lefty revolvers). Also the Walther P5 series. Falcon Arms Portsider. Add the Sig 250 to the list, it is convertible (appears this is a custom order only).
    Found this article from Force Science Institute that seems to pertain explicitly to your issue Kirk Force Science News #21: Findings Are Now Firm: Ejected Shell Casings Can’t Reliably Tell Much About a Shooter’s Location at Force Science News (It's cached, not from their site. I assume they want paid or something)
    Nice read.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes, because it depends on where CSI thinks people were standing and the assumptions they make about how firearms work.

I am fairly shocked that someone would dig themselves into such a hole passed on so little experience.

Sorry. I'll have to start working on my criminal mind-set. :D

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Mine Does Both

I have a Chiappa 22lr pistol, that ejects to the right, straight up and also straight back in your face. So there................
    That is if it ejects at all.

Top Bottom